Thread: Network HP Printer offline on printers list but shows on network map

Network HP Printer offline on printers list but shows on network map

I have few computers that are networked but for one of them HP "Solutions Center" driver declares HP 6310xi printer is connected and it is able to show its detail status and that will print their analytic report straight to the printer. Windows 7 shows me the printer that us on network map and gives feature status and setup information as of printer interior data but I can see the printer as offline from the printer control panel. This is very strange and I have never seen this before. Please tell me that why this is happening to me. Thank you.

Re: Network HP Printer offline on printers list but shows on network map

I think that the printer might have reorganize itself and altered its IP address in the process. If this is the case then I have one solution for you. To solve this issue, you have to go to the Network & Sharing Center > Full Map and from there click the printer. This will inform you that what is the current IP address of the printer current. After that go to Devices & Printers > Printer Properties > Ports > Standard TCP/IP Port > Configure Port. After this you need to modify the IP address where it declare 'Printer name or IP address' to the fresh IP address that you establish.

If the HP printer software that is installed in your computer is corrupted or not functioning correctly then also you may get the issues like this. To en sure this, you should check if the HP printer software is installed properly or not. If you feel that this is not installed properly then you can install that once again and see if that can solve the issue for you. I am saying this to you because it was the reason when I was getting somewhat similar problem with that. After installing that again solves the issue for me.

If your computer is has any problem with printing then you can try to use the Printer troubleshooter to solve the issue. It will ensure that the printer is attached to your computer and it will also ensure for ordinary problems like as if the printer has sufficient paper as well as toner to total the printing the document. If you want to open the Printer troubleshooter then click on the Start button, and then click the Control Panel. Now you have to type the troubleshooter in the search box and after that click on Troubleshooting.

You should confirm that all the machines are members of the similar Workgroup and the default name for them is Workgroup. See that both are having the admin accounts and you have logged in with that. If that is not allowing the login to admin account then you can modify a few settings to obtain access to a printer that is on the workgroup. This is the only thing that I can suggest you right now. So check for that.

The network printer that is installed in your computer may be not working properly or some of the files in that may be corrupted and that is why it is showing you such issues. According to me, you should uninstall the network printer that is installed for windows 7 and install that once again. This will generate all the new files for that. After installing that, again check if the issue occurs once again.