Thread: Connect Windows 7 to Apple Airport Base Station

Connect Windows 7 to Apple Airport Base Station

I am facing some problem in connecting my laptop to the WWW using an Apple Airport Base Station. It was able to connect on last Friday but today when I tried to connect that then I found that there was no connection. There is no problem if I connect with the help of the Ethernet cable to the Base Station but it drops out as I try to connect that with Wireless. It just gives me the error message that says that Wireless ability should to be turned on. I can observe my Apple Base Station listed as "automatically connect" beneath 'manage wireless networks' but I do not have connection. Can you tell me that how can I turn on Wireless facility? Thank you.

Re: Connect Windows 7 to Apple Airport Base Station

Can you tell me that if you are able to go online wireless? This may be a physical switch on the laptop that should be turned on for the wireless connectivity. You should check for any wireless switch that should be there on the laptop and if it is there then enable that key. You can also refer to the computer manual otherwise the computer manufacturer’s support website that will let you know that how to closure the wireless function on or off. This may be different for each.

The best way to get out of this issue or know the reason and the solution for this issue is to contact Apple Support. They will guide you in better way that how this issue can be resolved. If I get any problem with mine then the first thing that I do is to contact the Apple Support and almost all the time I get the perfect answer from them and the issue get resolved. So my recommendation to you is to do the same and get the answer.

You will not able to switch off whichever of the bands discretely. You can select to turn off the wireless utility for the router overall but once you turned on that then both bands are on. That way making use of the router to function as a 2.4 GHz-only otherwise a 5Ghz-only wireless network is not probable. All additional true dual-band routers they have appraisal permit people to contain additional control above the router's wireless functionality. I would like to tell you that the Base Station's guest networking feature functions fine in the trial. Guest networking permits for making a disconnect wireless network which have right to use to the Internet but not local resources, for example the computer otherwise printer. The router permits you to make an extra network, the alternatives to relate encryption to it and build guest clients interact through one another. Once more, dissimilar to additional routers that tender guest networking, the Base Station does not permit to choose what band you desire the guest network for operating. You can create a detach guest network intended for every band.

It may be the problem with the operating system that you have installed in your computer. As you told that it was working fine earlier and started showing issues from few days. So you can do the system restore on your computer. This will restore your computer to some other point of time that you select and this will let your computer in working condition. If you want to do that then you should go to the system tools and from there, you can select the option to restore the system. Select the date prior to the date from when you started getting this issue and click on the restore button. This will restore your computer at that point and will solve the issue for you.

I am also agree with the above post that it may be due to the corrupted operating system. You can try to do the restore and if that works for you then this is fine but if that cannot solve the issue then you can do the system repair. To do that, insert the operating system CD in your computer and boot the computer with that. Select the option to repair the system. And it will do the rest of the things. All the corrupted files will be replaced with the new one and this can solve the issue.