Thread: Homegroup created but not visible by other computers

Homegroup created but not visible by other computers

I am annoying to attach desktop and laptop on Homegroup network. Both PCs are going via the similar router. Both PCs time is in sync and then there is internet link on both. Both PCs are in the similar effort group. Both PCs are utilizing Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium. I shaped a Homegroup with my desktop just well, but the laptop will not perceive it. I after that shaped a Homegroup with my laptop with no troubles, but the desktop will not perceive it. I have twice checked the whole thing on both PCs and departed the uncooperative troubleshooters. The just dissimilarity I observe between both PCs is the name of the network they are linked to. The laptop says it is linked to "Oliver router" that is the name I install on my router. My desktop however utters it is linked to "Network 3". It is associated to similar router. Why would it have a dissimilar name? If this is what is causing the trouble I have been not capable to discover out how to alter that.

Re: Homegroup created but not visible by other computers

Network detection might be blocking you from considering other PCs and devices on the network. Ensure if the Network discovery if twisted on. If the network detection setting on your PC is place to off, you won't observe other PCs and devices on the network. To alter your network detection setting, follow these steps:
    1. Unlock Advanced sharing settings by ticking the Start key, and after that clicking Control Panel. In the search, enter network, click on Network and Sharing Center, and after that, in the left windowpane just click on Change advanced sharing settings.
    2. Click on the chevron to get bigger the present network profile.
    3. Click on Turn on network discovery, and after that click on save changes. If you are provoked for an administrator password or verification, enter the password or give verification.

This just occurred to me. I have 3 windows 7 PCs and windows XP PC utilized as a file server. The whole thing has been functioning well for above a year, and all of an unexpected, on the similar day my windows 7 PCs no extended can observe every other or the XP machine. All of my file shares no longer live. I am not utilizing any 3rd party firewall software; my all PCs are virus and malware free. I utilize the occupant Malware bytes and Avast antivirus. I have confirmed that with these services twisted off, I am still not capable to share or analysis every PC. I am able to ping every of the PCs, but they do not demonstrate in the network catalog or Homegroup. All of my settings for Homegroup are accurate and all PCs are on the similar network. I am truly aggravated with Microsoft currently, this must be a known problem, but there are no ways out. Anybody else out there having same problems?

Here I just want to say that, I had this accurate trouble. The method I fixed it is by additional or fewer concurrently rebooting both PCs. They after that resynched. For me, the source of the trouble was annoying to sprint Windows simple Transfer. I know, because this occurred two times, just as you illustrate over. It is something pushchair with that program.

How did you repair the trouble? I have encountered the accurate similar problem today. Two dissimilar network names, they do not observe every other, all settings are facilitated for network discovery. I have installed small networks at home and at the office for the previous 7 years, and have not at all had troubles. I have one desktop hardwired to the router and one desktop is linked wirelessly. Any assist would be enormously respected.