Thread: Not valid IP on Wireless Network Connection

Not valid IP on Wireless Network Connection

I possess a HP Pavilion Laptop and in this I have the Windows 7 64 bit operating system here. There was really no issue with the installation here. Now the issue is that when I tried to access the Internet it does not allow me to go with the same. In that case I thought of going with the troubleshoot and when I did this I have seen the message saying that I do not have a valid IP address for my Wireless Network Connection here. What can be the issue in this case? I just want to get it fixed and hence will be happy to know the solution in this case here. Is there something that I will be required to change s o that I can have the things functioning in the proper manner. I have seen the Internet connection and I have really not found anything in this respect here.

Re: Not valid IP on Wireless Network Connection

Really at this moment with this single post it is really hard to know what can be the real issue here. You can on the diagnostic basis if you want to try you can reset Internet Protocol i.e. TCP/IP. If you want you can use the FIX IT solution here. I am asking you to reset TCP/IP as sometimes it may happen that TCP/IP may have got damaged or may be corrupted. Also it is not like that if this is the problematic part then it can be removed from the system as we do for the other software. You will be required to repair it and hence if you want you can use the steps here. You will be able to reset TCP/IP to its original state by means of the NetShell utility (netsh). You can download the FIX IT from here and then proceed with the steps for solving the issue here. Just follow the instructions that come to the screen and see if this solves your issue. Make sure that you are logged in as Administrator.

Looking at the case that you mentioned here let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can disable the DHCP BROADCAST flag there and let me know if that really helped. If you want to know the way then just follow the steps below:
    • First of Click on the Start Icon
    • After this in the search box at the bottom you will be required to type regedit and in the list of the program that opens up on your screen you will be required to click on the regedit there as well.
    • Then you will be required to search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID} subkey and then click it there.
    • After this you will be required to click the (GUID) subkey that is related to the network adapter linked to the network in the registry path
    • With this steps you will be required to be little careful; in the Edit you will have to select New and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value there
    • After this you will have to type DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle in the New Value box and then hit the Enter key there.
    • Again on DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle you will have to make a right-click and select the modify option there
    • In the value data box you will have to type the value 1 there
    • Finally save all the things and close the Registry Editor there. Please let me know if this really helped in your case there.

Have you tried making use of the ipconfig/release and renew command. If not then I think that it can be give a chance for sure looking at your case here. You will be required to make use of this command via the Command Prompt. Here is what you will have to do. You will have to click on the Start icon at first. In the search box you will have to type CMD and then you will have to press the Enter key there. After this you will see the command prompt getting launched here. Now in order to make some changes like this you are required to make use of the Administrator Right; so right click on the CMD and run it as Administrator. Then in the Window you will have to type ipconfig/release and then Press Enter and then again type ipconfig/renew and then Press Enter. Hope that this piece of information will really help you to solve the Wireless Connection in your case there.

Looking at the case that you have just presented here; it seems that you have the issue with the IP address and if you want you can try to obtain the IP address automatically here. Click on the Start and then type NCPA.CPL in the search box at the bottom and then HIT the ENTER key. After this you will be required to make a right click on the active connection that you use and enter the Properties tab there. After this select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and again go in the Properties there. IN this tab you will see an option called as Obtain an IP address automatically you have to check this option there and in addition to this you will also see Obtain DNS server address automatically. IF you want you can check this option to there. Finally click on the OK tab so that the changes can be saved there.

I am of the Opinion that you will have to go with the basic steps here and hence here are the steps that you can do. First of all free both the wireless router and the modem and then wait for some time. After this connect the modem and see if it can see for the incoming Internet connection. After this connect the Router here and try to make the connection with the Modem. By doing this if you are having any data issues in the router then it will be cleared out with this and then it will permit you to reinstate the wireless connection.