Thread: Cisco status disconnect and vpn client minimized to taskbar

Cisco status disconnect and vpn client minimized to taskbar

I utilize 5.0.07.0240 Cisco client vpn designed for 1 month through my windows 7 -64 bit computer. Worked very well in favor of 1 month. Rapidly today when I twice click on the logo to create it up, VPN mechanically minimizes down on the way to the task bar by means of a status of Disconnected. It does not provide you the alternative to hit attach or something previous to it minimizes. I have not seen this previous to and made no modify but now it just doesn’t work any answer. Did windows immediately patch mechanically breaking Cisco?

Re: Cisco status disconnect and vpn client minimized to taskbar

I think the solution is doing a system restore and hope this may be helpful to get the solution. For this you need to unlock System and then click on the Start button from there go to Control Panel and click on System and Maintenance and then click System. In the left pane hit on System Protection. If you are encouraged for an administrator code word or verification, type the password or give verification. After this turn on System security intended for a hard disk, choose the box after that on the way to the disk, and after that click OK.

With the installation of my system Win7 on my ThinkPad, I came across the problem that many have probably switching from Windows to a 32bit version. For access to the networks in the university and in the office I am dependent on a Cisco VPN connection. Unfortunately there is no 64 bit Cisco VPN Client for Windows 7 in the x64 version. Only for Windows XP for this one client is available. So I searched some forums and have come across several solutions. Some have recommended the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client, but the support at this time no PCF profile files. But since me, the University is not able to wait for support AnyConnect needed a different solution.

In the search for a suitable alternative client I am on the Shrew Soft VPN Access Manager encountered. At that time there was only a Windows 7 alpha version was stable. The experiment, a stable version for Windows Vista 64bit to use led to a blue screen and I had the driver in classifiers mode remove. With version 2.1.5 there is now a stable version that Win7 also supported in 64bit. You will need to Import direct a PCF file and the profile is then displayed for selection. One can so easily use multiple VPN profiles and activate very quickly a certain profile.