Thread: Windows 7: Unable to access some folders on a NAS via wireless connection

Windows 7: Unable to access some folders on a NAS via wireless connection

I have in recent times installed Windows 7 64 bit on my two Desktop computers at home. They are connected by means of Ethernet to a router. As well connected to the Network attach Storage device. From these computers I am able to access files as well as folders on the common drive with no troubles. On the other hand, on my laptop that connects wirelessly, I can see all files and folders but I can access only few. I have tried enabling as well as disabling Home Group. I think this is somewhat associated to wireless security? Please assist!

Re: Windows 7: Unable to access some folders on a NAS via wireless connection

Earlier than I bought Windows 7 I was using Windows Xp and had no trouble whatever to connect to my Network-attached storage (NAS) all the way through the Speedtouch. As a result, there seems to be somewhat about the mixture Speedtouch and Windows 7. But, since I declared before - a new firmware for my Speedtouch resolved it all. I am having v6.2.17.5. Is it the one you have?

Attempt giving complete permissions to the folder and after that try to access it.To locate folder permission, follow the below steps:
    1. On the folder right click and choose Properties.
    2. Click on the Security tab and select Advanced.
    3. The resulting window that pop up click on Owner tab..
    4. Click edit/ Other users or groups/ Advanced/ Find Now
    5. On your current user account double click
    6. Click ok for all windows except first one.
    7. Select your user account, check Full control.
    8. click Yes.

If the problem persists, please go on to the next steps to confirm service. To Verify Network settings. Go to start menu and click Control Panel. Double click Network and Sharing Center. Cchoose "Change advanced sharing settings" choice in the right panel. Please turn on "Network discovery" as well as "File and printer sharing". Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, unluckily did not make any dissimilarity. My doubt is that it's a trouble through the wireless adapter in my notebook as well as Windows 7. I have tried via all the dissimilar versions of the driver however not anything help. At what time I have some time I may attempt making use of a USB-Wireless adapter in place of the onboard wireless and observe if that formulate any difference.