Thread: How to use wired and wireless connections with Windows 7

How to use wired and wireless connections with Windows 7

I am utilizing Windows 7. I have a wired Ethernet association as well as a wireless link that is internal. I wish for to be capable to utilize both connections. I am using VMware Workstation and it permits me to identify which adapter to utilize through the VMs. However at what time Windows 7 senses there is together wired and wireless, it mechanically immobilizes the wireless and utilizes wired. How do I utilize both? Please assist me.

Re: How to use wired and wireless connections with Windows 7

In Windows 7 there is an easy way to change the priority level of available network connections, right between the wireless and which are not. Making simple changes in the system can provide more or less priority to a type of connection, that there is no accidental disconnection. Using this can be, for example, ensuring that the Wi-Fi will use the system default. Thus, one can connect or disconnect the Internet cable connection without loss. To see the current priority of your connections in Windows 7 have to write the following in "Command Prompt", which can be found under "Accessories." There you will find the priority on the left. After this enter the netstat-rn | more Then you can change the priority of a connection so simple: you must go to "Control Panel" "Network and Internet", "Network Connections", "Change Adapter Configuration" and right click on the desired connection. Once you click into "Properties", select "Internet Protocol Version 4", and then go to "Properties", "Advanced" and go to where it says "Automatic Metric". There have to give tick the box and put a value according to data from the window of priority previously executed. I hope this might be helpful to you to get the solution.

I think the steps given below might be helpful to you to get the solution for the issue:
    • Disconnect any USB cable connected eventually and also make sure you have a Category 5 Ethernet cable.
    • Plug the Ethernet wire on the way to the Ethernet port on the device and then plug the other end of the wire on the way to an available port on the access point or wired router.
    • Plug the power cord to the device and then plug it into an electrical outlet and then turn on the device.
    • In the Windows taskbar, click the Windows icon and then click Devices and printer and finally, click Add Printer after this Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth.
    • Under Manufacturer click on the name of the manufacturer and then click your device in the list of Printers. If your device is not listed then click Windows Update to search for more drivers, and then wait until the list is updated.
    • Select your device and click next and wait until the device has completed the installation and then click on finish

One of these ways if you're using a wireless connection is to change the channel in our network. It is often desirable to implement the 10 or 11 that does not interfere with other frequencies as Bluetooth, WUSB etc. Another way is to use a program called TCP Optimizer to use, we first downloaded the program. Once downloaded, open and foremost Show it your connection speed. Then in the bottom of Optimal select Settings and click Apply Changes. You'll get a message informing you of the changes that are going to do and just then the program prompts you to restart your computer for the changes to take effect now. Do not expect miracles, but you may notice some improvement if your connection goes wrong. If the results are bad or worse your connection works do not worry, go to the top of TCP Optimizer menu and select File Restore Windows default settings. If you find yourself able to go a step further, take a look on the same page with the files that are under the heading Older SG Registry Patches and tools. If you have Windows XP make sure you take 2k files. If recent changes have not gone as you think, will be able to recover the initial configuration files called sguide_default.zip. If this is the case, unzip the sguide_default for your operating system, right click on the unzipped file and click Install. This will undo the changes made in the registry.

I think for this you need to install network adapters in the computers that need them. Follow the installation instructions in the documentation that came with each adapter. No Internet connection necessary on the way to configure a network, but most users use their network to share the connection. To configure an Internet connection, you need a cable or DSL modem and an account with an Internet service provider (ISP). If you already have an Internet connection, you should check the connection to work. To this effect, open the web browser and go to a web site that does not usually visit. If you visit a website that often, it is possible that some of their web pages are stored on your computer and display correctly, even if connection problems. If you open the website and receives no error messages, the connection works.

If your network is wireless, run the wizard to configure a router or wireless access point on the computer connected to the router. Open Set up a wireless router otherwise access point, click the Start button Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet and then Network Center and shared assets. In the left pane, click set up a link or network, and then click Set up a wireless router or access point.