Thread: How to fix wireless "hidden network" on Windows 7

How to fix wireless "hidden network" on Windows 7

I am trying to connect to my wireless network and yesterday I attempt to connect running Windows 7 furthermore get the below mentioned error message in my troubleshooting dialog: "Windows cannot connect to the hidden network."My network is not hidden, SSID (Service Set IDentifier) broadcasting is on, I am making use of a legal key as well as the network has complete strength from connection utility. Does anybody be familiar with how to fix this trouble or why it appears to be just occuring on Windows 7?

Re: How to fix wireless "hidden network" on Windows 7

After reading your problem I search on the internet and found that most of them have given suggestion about altering WEP encryption. However I will recommend you to try to set an additional security type in your router's settings as well as make use of it in your network setting below Windows 7. I am making use of security type: WPA2, as well as encryption type: AES and the whole thing works well.

I am also having the similar trouble as described above, and tried the whole thing to resolve but nothing work. I did not alter any settings in the PC. I think this may be a windows 7 bug. Hope that Microsoft will provide any suggestion. Microsoft requires resolving this issue as soon as possible. If anyone else has any suggestion please let me know. Thank you in advance.

I do not know whether this helpful but you can attempt it: on Computer desktop icon right click and select manage. From the resulting window select Devices Management -> Network adapters and on the Wireless adapter right click and choose Update. It will show network adapter as unidentified device. Select install drivers for that. It will install drivers by means of Windows Update

I also have a WGR614v7 and while upgrading to Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I am unable to connect to any other wifi network every time (drops out totally). I have attempted a lot of suggestions not anything works. Usually, the error message states that the network is "hidden” when it is not. However I do not fairly recognize your solution Did you download Netgear firmware? Thanks once more.

I will recommend you to try manually configure the wifi network, Go to Manage Wireless Networks -> Add -> manually create a network Profile. For Encryption Type ensure that you attempt both TKIP and AES, for the reason that once I tried that it saw it once more. And now it is working fine. So I will suggest you to try this and let me know whether this resolve your trouble or not.