Thread: TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 settings for Windows 7

TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 settings for Windows 7

I have in recent times installed Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate) over a Vista Business operating system as well as observed that the network settings had stopped functioning. By luck I get the wireless network functioning by means of TCP/IPv4 settings;
    IP address: 192.168.0.22,
    Sub mask: 255.255.255.0,
    Default gateway: 192.168.0.1,
    Preferred DNS: 192.168.0.2
    On the other hand no matter what configuration I attempt, I cannot get local Ethernet connection functioning. Can anybody inform me what settings I be supposed to enter on the way to configure my local Ethernet connection? As well, what settings must I make use for the TCP/IPv6 settings. My network configuration is notebook clients which is connected to a Business Server 2003 in a Domain network.

Re: TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 settings for Windows 7

“By luck I get the wireless network functioning by means of TCP/IPv4 settings “might specify that Internet service provider (ISP) does not support IPv6 on the router. The alternatives the user chooses were to disable IPv6 on the network device. Below are the steps to disable IPv6;On your desktop right click on the network icon and Open the Network and Sharing Center.Choose "Change adapter settings".Within the Network Connections pane, select the "Local Area Connection" after that alter settings of this connection”. Uncheck "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)". Reboot the system and observe if you are able to connect to Internet.

For setting up a HomeGroup network you will need to re-enable IPv6 later than the network is setup. If the information given does not help you through this configuration, please let me know the result. With this setting did you get any error message so type the exact message here? So that we can provide further help.As you have mentioned that you are able to connect via wireless network, so it must not be a network problem. Please confirm that, the wireless connection is disabled at what time you attempt to connect via Ethernet adapter.If the problem still takes place, so check that the Ethernet adapter driver is compatible with Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate). I recommend that you attempt to download the most recent driver from the notebook manufacturer's website, as well as after that install it.

I had the similar trouble however have now resolved it by changing the Windows 7 Registry entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SYSTEM->CurrentControlSet->services->TCPIP6->Parameters. Store this before changing so that you be able to restore it if have any issue.Delete the "DisabledComponents" DWORD value as well as make a new DWORD value:"EnableICSIPv6” with hexadecimal value 1. After this reboot your system to save the changes.

Thanks for your suggestion I have followed the steps mentioned, however I received the following messages: “You are not connected to a homegroup Internet protocol version 6 (IPv6) is disabled , And I already had a registry DWORD value "EnableICSIPv6" as a result I just deleted "DisabledComponents" after that reboot the system and it worked like magic.