Thread: windows 7: An error occurred while reconnecting X drive

windows 7: An error occurred while reconnecting X drive

"an error occurred while reconnecting x: to \companyserversharefolderusersbindumicrosoft windows network: the restricted tool name is previously in use. This link has not been restoring. This is the correct error I find, on a windows 7 customer workstation, in service in a domain surroundings by means of windows server 2003 domain manager. Reconnection of allocate consumer drives is scripted, and is run on winning logging inside. Windows xp customer computers do not have this trouble. Because the scripted in group strategy drives separate after a small time, I’ve shaped mapped drives on the way to resolve the trouble. It is still separate after a short at the same time as and the consumers find a red x over the system drive.

Re: windows 7: An error occurred while reconnecting X drive

I am also getting the error which something similar to the above problem here is the error that occurs when the bulk access are performed on mapped drives to the same computer: “An error occurred while reconnecting X: to \ \ Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name already used. This connection has not been restored.” The positions are lodgment on the field, and then randomly, when making access to shares (via mapped drives) on the domain controller, I get this message. I'm forced to reboot the "Server" service on a Win2000Pro advance server. Any idea? Thank you in advance.

This error can occur if the drive letter that you are trying to map is greater than the last player available for Windows. The latest record available for Windows is defined in the LASTDRIVE = statement in the config.sys file. For example, this error occurs if you try to map drive Q, but the config.sys file contains the instruction LASTDRIVE = P. So try checking the cause you will be able to resolve the issue. I hope this might be helpful to you.

To get out of this problem, use one of the following methods:
    • Take out LASTDRIVE = statement as of the Config.sys file.
    • Correct LASTDRIVE = statement inside the config.sys folder consequently that the previous disc is available in support of Windows than the previous drive letter to you desire on the way to map.
    • Map a drive letter is below the last player available for Windows instead of the drive letter that you are trying to map. For example, if the last drive letter available for Windows is drive D, O card reader to the network resource.

I think you need to follow the steps given below which might be helpful to you to get the desired solution:
    1. Start Credential Manager. To do this, click Start, click Run, type control keymgr.dll and then click OK.
    2. In the dialog box, user names and passwords, click Add and after this Log on to box, type the name of the DAV server.
    3. In the consumer name box, choose the consumer certificate that has customer confirmation extended key usage (EKU), which allows you to connect to the DAV server.
    4. Let’s keep the default setting for the checkbox type of credentials and the click OK and then click Close.