Thread: Windows Action center says virus protection is turned off

Windows Action center says virus protection is turned off

Windows Action center is saying that my virus security is turned off. At what time I go to click the "Turn on now" push button, it will redirect me to my virus application (I am making use of Microsoft Forefront Client Security). Forefront is displaying that "anti malware protection" is on. I did not understand what the problem is. Is this is a bug in Action center. If anyone has any idea about this trouble lease let me know as soon as possible. Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Windows Action center says virus protection is turned off

There may be some problem through Action Center sometimes; a computer reboot may help, because Microsoft Forefront Client Antivirus is part of Microsoft’s protection products as a result it have to work flawlessly by means of Windows I expect you discover this information helpful and if you require any further help, please feel free to contact me and let me know. I hope this information was useful.

Thanks for the reply. Unluckily, a reboot did not resolve the problem. I am thinking to uninstall Forefront and install Microsoft security essentials. At this time every day I observe the red-flag from security essentials. When I click on it the red-flag is gone, as well as action center reports "up to date".So this problem appears to hold better by means of security essentials. The just trouble now is that the text is inaccurate saying that virus protection is not enabled.

Yesterday unexpectedly we established similar fake warning in our organization on approximately 150 computers. We are making use of MacAfee Virus Scan Enterprise. As well as in Action center it shows off. However in reality it’s functioning. Reboot the system but the problem persists. I also think that this is a bug of Action center.

Hi I am also having troubles by means of McAfee. In the beginning action center shows the similar message as yours moreover I cannot get it to start. After that when I attempt to activate McAfee scan, my monitor goes into a safe mode display. I am extremely fresh to computers and do not have any technical knowledge. Have any suggestion so let me know. Thank you in advance.