Thread: What is Link state routing protocol

What is Link state routing protocol

I wanted know about the link state routing protocol. I have a bit knowledge about routing protocols but I don’t have any knowledge about the link state routing protocol. What is the connection of routing information protocol with link state routing protocol? If anybody having any knowledge then please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: What is Link state routing protocol

In the case of Link-state routing protocols, every node possesses knowledge concerning the absolute network topology. Every node then autonomously determines the finest next hop from it for every probable objective in the network using confined information of the topology. The compilation of paramount next hops forms the routing table for the node.

RIP sends routing-update messages at standard hiatus and when the network topology changes. When a router takes delivery of a routing update that embraces revolutionizes to an entry, it informs its routing table to replicate the new route. The metric value for the path is increased by 1, and the sender is indicated as the next hop. RIP routers preserve only the unsurpassed route to a objective.

RIP make use of a solitary routing metric (hop count) to calculate the distance stuck between the starting place and a purpose network. Each hop in a path from foundation to target is allocating a hop count value, which is characteristically 1. When a router take delivery of a routing inform that encloses a new or changed purpose network entry, the router adds 1 to the metric value designated in the update and cross the threshold the network in the routing table.