Thread: what do you mean by term Interprocess communication in socket programming?

what do you mean by term Interprocess communication in socket programming?

Hey guys, can you just let me know what socket programming is. I wanted to know about this topic as I don’t have any idea and I keen to know about. If anyone having any idea or clue about this question then please let me know as soon as possible. I am not aware anything about this topic so if you provide a little knowledge or information then it will be very good or me.

Re: what do you mean by term Interprocess communication in socket programming?

The UNIX input/output structure pursues a model usually referred to as Open-Read-Write-Close. Previous to a user process can perform I/O operations, it calls Open to specify and attain permissions for the file or device to be used. Once an object has been opened, the user process makes one or more calls to Read or Write data. Read reads data as of the object and moves it to the user course, while Write transfers data from the user method to the purpose. After all relocate operations are complete, the user procedure calls Close to notify the operating system that it has ended by means of that object.

When amenities for InterProcess Communication and networking were supplementary to Unix, the thought was to make the border to IPC comparable to that of file I/O. In Unix, a method has a set of I/O descriptors that one reads from and writes to. These descriptors may pass on to files, devices, or communication channels (sockets). The lifetime of a descriptor is completed up of three segments such as creation, reading and writing, and destruction.

I think that the IPC procedures are supported on socket pairs, one be in the right place to a communication process. IPC is done by switching some data through broadcasting that data in a communication between a socket in one method and another socket in another method. When messages are sent, the messages are waiting in line at the sending socket until the fundamental network protocol has broadcasting them.