Thread: PPPOE does not work on Linux Mint 8

PPPOE does not work on Linux Mint 8

Later than I have setup Linux Mint 8 I attempted to connect to the Internet. I went to Network Connections window and inserted a novel connection at DSL part. Name of the Connection: ISP, Username: provided user, Service: <website> and Password: provided password. Earlier, this kind of configuration worked in Microsoft Windows XP and Ubuntu. But in Linux Mint 8 does not effort. It emerges: wired network: disconnected. Later than dying the window Network Connections, if I attempt then to edit another time the information saved in the DSL part, I get an error later than I type the password: Error initializing editor inadequate rights. Can you tell me what is the trouble and how can I crack the trouble, so as to be able to connect to the Internet?

Re: PPPOE does not work on Linux Mint 8

I have Microsoft windows XP, Gloria and currently Helena on my system. I utilized the similar alterations from Gloria in Helena's network manager and not anything occurs. Below XP and Gloria, the whole thing is functioning excellent. So Helena appears to be ineffective for me, because there is no connection to the internet, no installation for me. It is a misfortune, because the installation was simple and quick. I wish, someone can assist.

Primary things, as you are both able to place on this forum you must both contain somehow of connecting to the internet, so a recommendation (not essentially a way out) would be to get a dissimilar version of network manager gnome. Choose your structural design and download the earlier version of gnome network manager that you say worked for you earlier. Shift it to the machine or distro with the unsuccessful internet connection, open the package manager, find for network manager gnome, right click on its way in and opt for totally remove' it. After that go to the package you have downloaded and click on it that should open the GDebi package manager and setup it for you.

The just trouble with this plan is which your package manager or update manager will continually nag you to improve it once more. You can repair this by locking the version from within the package manager interface, emphasize gnome network manager and choose 'Package/Force version'. Bear in mind earlier than you perform this though that network manager gnome might not be the trouble in any way; I for myself have no troubles with it.

I am as well having this problem later than a rather flourishing upgrade from Gloria. The problem is not that the network manager does not effort but that any efforts to edit a network config result in 2 dialogue packs, one prompting for consent to edit, the other a suggested that it unsuccessful because of inadequate permissions. Clicking ok on the advisory, in any order later than trying to validate, before, will shut the config editor down, so it is not possible to edit it.