Thread: How to access VirtualBox in my network from Linux Mint

How to access VirtualBox in my network from Linux Mint

I have samba setup in Linux Mint 10 and split setup in my home file and I can access this from Microsoft windows XP on VirtualBox, but while I attempt to access VirtualBox in my network from Linux Mint I receive: not capable to mount place, unsuccessful to retrieve list from server… I don’t know why this error occurs. Anyone have any idea why this is happening with me? Anybody please assist me with this one?

Re: How to access VirtualBox in my network from Linux Mint

This may only be a twist of fate but 10.0.2.15 is the default IP address which is given to the VirtualBox guest while one is utilizing NAT networking in VirtualBox. If your Host Mint machine has an IP address in an additional variety then it appears probable that you are still utilizing NAT. With NAT you can access out but no one can access in. You require to exchange to Bridge networking. I wish this will help you to solve your problem.

straight to a modem without going throughout a router. No router, no bridge form. I have not at all been in these circumstances earlier but I think you will require activating manifold network adapters.
    • Adapter 1: Should be put to Host Only
    • Adapter 2: Should be put to NAT

Adapter 1 will provide you bidirectional sharing abilities between host and guest and Adapter 2 will provide you Internet access. As a minimum that is what the certification says.

You should in fact choose the linked adapter in the network part of the VirtualBox GUI. This will create the virtual machine emerge as a machine on the Ethernet or host machine which you can access like a standard computer on a network. The next thing is this: you have to make certain that in your samba share settings, the name of the windows network is the accurately similar as it is in the windows XP machine. Thus if the windows XP machine says it is connected to MSHOME after that the samba share settings should as well have it capitalized as MSHOME. If it is WORKGROUP then you should contain WORKGROUP in samba. If you wish to alter the name of the windows XP network then you can act so but you have to modify it in samba as well. Those two problems provided me sorrow for quite a short time until I figured them out. There truly are no requiring sharing folders through VirtualBox or guest additions.

Except he has no LAN because he has no router. Besides, he attempted that and did not comprise any internet access. That is what made me think that he did not have a router. While I confess it makes browsing for remote machines simpler because they are all in the similar place, the workgroup names do not have to bout unless you have manifold subnets in your LAN. I encompass 4 workgroups in my network and everybody can perceive and access every other.