Thread: Windows 7- Internet connection and Default Gateway.

Windows 7- Internet connection and Default Gateway.

I purchase a new PC as well as received it today; it is running Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit the whole thing worked very well for about 15 minutes. And now it began indiscriminately disconnecting. At what time I would run the troubleshoot manager I will all the time get the similar answer: "the default gateway is not accessible". I am not certain if it has to do by means of my installation of anti-virus(AVG).I did a number of research and it appears that other people are having the similar problem as well however I'm not certain what to do regarding this.Any suggestions?

Re: Windows 7- Internet connection and Default Gateway.

Did you attempt assigning the Internet Protocol address and Default gateway manually?Also at the time of uninstalling the device drivers did you confirm you put a check mark next to "Delete the driver software for this device" furthermore reinstall the drivers?I will to manually set the Internet Protocol address and default gateway as well as verify if it assists you. Also you might attempt uninstalling the drivers totally and reinstall network adapter” and let us be familiar with the result.

If the problem persists, you might manually allocate the default gateway as well as the Internet Protocol address and ensure if it works well. Previous to assigning the Internet Protocol address as well as the Default gateway manually, build a note of the Internet Protocol address on the PC. To perform this open Command prompt furthermore type ipconfig and press enter. This will show the Internet Protocol address, make a note of it.

Follow the steps below on the way to uninstall as well as reinstall network adapter.
    1. Go to Start menu and type 'devmgmt.msc' in the start search box and press enter
    2. Expand Network Adapters in the Device Manager,
    3. On the installed network adapter Right click furthermore uninstall it.
    5. Reboot the PC as well as reinstall the network adapter.

Make sure that you place a check mark against "Delete the driver software for this device" while uninstalling the device drivers.Hope this assist.

Hi thanks for answer. I was having this problem from the time when start my windows 7 furthermore my internet connection. I have attempted the inbuilt trouble shooting however is still whispered that default gateway is not accessible and the trouble remain repeating. No alteration was made. I also have attempted reinstalling the network adapters also still the problem occurs

I was also having troubles by means of losing my default gateway setting each occasion I rebooted, resulting in the similar problem seen in this thread. MY FIX - This appears to have solved my trouble. Go to start menu and type cmd in the start search box. This will open command prompt. Type: route -f (flushes each and every one gateway entry from the routing table) and type route -p -4 add 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 gateway address exit the cmd window and reboot.