Thread: How to make Windows 7 act as a DHCP Server

How to make Windows 7 act as a DHCP Server

I want to ask you that if that is achievable to build Windows 7 such as it works like a DHCP server (IP address provider) intended for a LAN? If you answer is yes then also tell me that it is probable even if Internet Connection Sharing is set in motion so that Windows 7 configures static IP addresses. I have tried few things to do that but all of that were unsuccessful. So If you know anything that can do this then please let me know that. Thank you very much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: How to make Windows 7 act as a DHCP Server

As far as I know that the best most excellent way to make Windows 7 perform as a DHCP server is to allow Internet Connection Sharing. If you do that then you will not have to make use of any 3rd-party software. ICS allocates a static IP address for the host computer's LAN connection as well as its DHCP server allocates dynamic IP addresses for the other LAN computers. So try this out and I am quite sure that this will help you to do that.

If you allow the ICS on Internet connection of the host computers then the host computer will perform as DHCP server on top of the local area network (LAN). There is no third party software needed for that. Once you have enabled the ICS then you can build host computer's Local Area connection a Home/Work/Private connection. They both are the similar thing and don’t make it public connection. You can search on web to get more information that how can you modify the network type.

I would like to tell you that ICS needs you to contain 2 active network connections of which one is intended for the internet and other one is intended for LAN. Disabling UMTS previous to enabling ICS is a fault. You will contain two networks on top of the ICS host computer at what time you have permitted ICS. This is on its own network on the client computer. The internet connection lying on UMTS likely chosen Public. The Ethernet connection flanked by the two computers will make use of addresses in one of the confidential subnets so it will be Home otherwise Work. Ensure that you require a 'crossover' Ethernet cable at what time of connecting two computers openly to each other.

I don’t think that it matters whether a network is recognized as "Work" otherwise "Home". They both are the same thing. You do not have to modify the name for the network. It is fine for it to be scheduled like "Unidentified network". Something may not function properly. You should check if both the computers are having right to make use of the Internet. This is the only thing that I can tell you right now.

The answer for this is very simple and you do not have to setup a DHCP server or any 3rd party software. *You just have to do the thing that I am telling you. Go to Networks and Sharing Center and from there click the connection you desire to share. *Click on the Properties and then choose the Sharing Tab. *Click on the button for Settings. *You will observe a catalog of services accessible for this connection. *You just have to add two. *Click on "Add", provide the fresh service a name (In my case I used DHCP 67 as well as DHCP 68 in that order, but it actually does not subject). *Give the IP Address of your router in subsequent field and put 67 in the interior as well as external port numbers. *Click on ok button. After that repeat the same thing Port 68. This will permit the entire connections to "pass through" the common connection to drag IP as well as DNS on or after the router.