Thread: Error 1068 – On local computer Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping

Error 1068 – On local computer Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping

Error 1068 - Windows could not launch the Peer Networking Grouping on my Local PC.Peer Networking Identity Manager is started. These are set to "automatic" startup. I encompass an Home Theater PC (HTPC) and my main system, both are running Windows 7 home Premium 64 bit. The Home Theater PC (HTPC) has all three "Peer" services started however my main computer be able to only start two of the three services. I am not able on the way to network the two computer's. Other than reinstalling my operating system on my main computer, does anybody have any thoughts or proposal? Any assist will be greatly valued!

Re: Error 1068 – On local computer Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping

I also have this issue and it get resolve by just deleting an file.As a work around you may possibly attempt the following steps and ensure if that works very well:Attempt deleting the file “idstore.sst” under the location: C:\windows->serviceProfiles->LocalService->AppData->Roaming->PeerNetworking. Hope this will resolve your issue.

Re: Error 1068 – On local computer Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping

WORKED flawlessly! Anybody who is not that tech savvy or recognize how to delete all the way through the CMD prompt or all the way through Windows Expolorer, just inquire a friend that is a "techie" and they be able to get this resolved for you. As well as they did not charge me $3.99 per minute to get the answer.

Change the home group password, go to network and sharing, now click on the "join" link beneath home groups (yes I be familiar with not instinctive. Select start to shut down etc ) furthermore choose "change password" from the options. After altering the password try to connect. I think that this will resolve your issue.

Odd, I presently created as well as deleted a home group and altered the password to check it out, it all worked very well. The only period that it should not function is if you are only a inadequate user, or else the home group we are discussing was not in reality created by that workstation. If you need any further help please let me know.