Thread: Red X in network icon even if I am connected

Red X in network icon even if I am connected

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and I in recent times attempted installing the new driver for the Net gear WPN111 wireless adapter. Previous to the install the whole thing worked usually by means of the older version 2.1, however after installing edition 3.0 it does not.At what time the network icon in system tray comes up you acquire the disjointed icon by means of the circle though it searches. Once it ends it goes reverse to the disjointed icon, yet while it is at the moment connected to my wireless. Any proposal or assist would be greatly respected.

Re: Red X in network icon even if I am connected

I would state that it is a driver trouble. I have acknowledged alike behavior by means of an old RTL card/driver. The driver will not work at the same time as the other Local Area Network adapter works very well. After that I have the red x in my taskbar status area even as the LAN was linked. It was not enough to disable the Local Area Network adapter by means of the defective driver. I was able to resolve it uninstalling the driver .

At what time I had the driver uninstalled I checkered my wired connection and it at a standstill show the trouble even with the wireless driver disappeared. I think it may have changed a setting or registry entry that did not change back with the uninstall.I was going to try a restore point, but it doesn't appear Windows created one when I installed version 3.0. The next one I have before that will make too many other changes to be useful. The restore point would most likely fix the issue, but I don't really have that as an option.

No, I wish it was a Windows Update that caused it. That would be easier to fix. It happened right after I installed the new software/driver for my WPN111 wireless adapter. If you figure out which update caused your problem though, I'd be interested to know. It always worth a try to see if it did cause my problem.At this point I'm considering just reloading Windows 7 and trying again. It's not my main computer so it's not quite as big a deal.

Not being able to view other devices on the same network is the only inconvenience it has caused for me so far.This seems to be a very widespread problem for win7 so i think you should just wait it out a little longer if it is not too much of a bother to you.Someone is bound to fix it somehow? Thank you in advance.