Thread: Windows 7: Error 0x0000000d when adding a printer through wireless network

Windows 7: Error 0x0000000d when adding a printer through wireless network

I am receiving error 0x0000000d while annoying to add a printer via my wireless network with my novel laptop by means of Windows 7. The novel laptop I am printing from is functioning Windows 7. My wireless router is a Linksys W54G. The old laptop the printer is allied to is running Windows XP SP3. The printer is a Kodak ESP-3 that is connected through USB port to the old laptop functioning XP SP3. My desktop is running XP SP2. My novel laptop can observe all the XP PCs and can utilize all the shared files. I have no trouble sharing files among all 3 machines. I have setup the most recent printer software and drivers on all 3 machines from the Kodak CD. I made certain the software was well-matched with Windows 7 and downloaded the most recent driver for Windows 7 from the Kodak site. I can print on the Kodak printer from my novel laptop while I am allied straight to the printer utilizing a USB port. The novel laptop can observe the Kodak printer that is allied to the old laptop via the wireless network but while I attempt to put in the printer through the wireless network I receive the error 0x0000000d.

Re: Windows 7: Error 0x0000000d when adding a printer through wireless network

Attempt these steps and confirm if it assists:
    1. Depart to start and enter cmd in the search box.
    2. Right click on cmd and choose “Run as Administrator”.
    3. Enter this command net use LPT# \\server\printer /persistent: yes
      Substitute #, server, and printer as suitable for your network. After that add your printer nearby utilizing the LPT# port. If your laptop has no parallel cable after that utilizes LPT1.

I am having the precise similar trouble and attempted this. It appeared to effort since I was able to "add a printer" though while I attempt to send a trial page it not at all goes through. Any further suggestions? If not, do I have to enter a command in the DOS prompt in sort to disconnect it or do I just eliminate the device as I would any further printer which was added?

I am receiving the similar error as the person who at first asked this query. I am not excessively PC educated, and don't be aware of what to enter as an alternate for "server" in this command, The PC name? And if so, which PC name, the one sharing the printer, or the one onto which I am setup the printer? As well the over directions are for a wireless network, but will this resolution as well work for a non wireless network?

I lastly got this to effort, even though not wholly. I ran net utilize for LPT1, allocated it to my shared Lexmark X4270, after that went back and utilized the Lexmark installation software to setup the software and drivers. On the other hand, because the Lexmark software needs a physical USB for a local installation, I had to setup it as a network printer. Amazingly, the Lexmark software documented the printer, installed the software, and appeared all set to go. I in fact sent a work to the printer, that I can perceive in the printer line both from the sending computer and on the printer server computer. On the other hand, while I send somewhat to the printer this way, it just sits there in the line and not at all prints.