Thread: Number of users exceeded error with Norton AntiVirus

Number of users exceeded error with Norton AntiVirus

Recently purchased a new Norton Antivirus pack when i purchased it i was told that i can use it on three desktop computers and hence i installed the same on my laptop as soon as i reached home. The next day i was trying to install it on my desktop too. Then to my surprise i got the error message that the Number of users exceeded so now i would like to know whether it is possible to get the error fixed. why could be the reason for this please suggest.

Re: Number of users exceeded error with Norton AntiVirus

Did you installed the Norton Antivirus on your laptop more than once. It appears as you have not installed it in one go. That seems to be the probable reason why you are not able to install the Norton Antivirus. However in this situation its better if you contact the customer care and explain them the whole situation this will definitely help you to get this error fixed.

I think that you have got a serial key which is already used on some other computers. Please tell me whether the pack was already torned or it must be a problem of defective serial key. Or else it might be a problem because of an Antivirus which you may already have installed on your system. Hopefully this will help you to fix this problem.

Well that is because of the Antivirus application which is already installed on your system and hence i would suggest you to get the Antivirus application removed from your system. After removing the antivirus from your system it appears as this is really a problem for you and hence i think this is not allowing you to remove this application. Hopefully this will definitely help you to get this application fixed.

You should uninstall everything that was installed and a program is not enough to do with the uninstaller on your computer. But I would suggest you to uninstall with the help of an uninstaller , Norton has released the 2010 version of Norton Removal Tool. Remove the Antivirus application with the help of Norton Removal Tool and then install the same finally if still the problem persists then you need to contact the Norton Customer center.