Thread: Windows 7 fails to connect using WPA and WPA2

Windows 7 fails to connect using WPA and WPA2

I encompass a Inspiron 1545 through a 1397 Wireless LAN mini-card. At the same time of upgrading to Windows 7 I uninstalled the wireless utility, however at the moment I cannot connect to WPA or else WPA2 networks. I am able to connect to further wireless networks as a result I have assurance that my card still functions. I have established that my drivers are up to date too. It is extremely significant I get this connection functioning. It is the network which I used at job and I have no power to alter it from WPA2. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows 7 fails to connect using WPA and WPA2

It is a driver problem. Prior to you attempt this, ensure you be able to connect several other way, if possible by means of a wired connection to a router.Open Device Manger, on your wireless network card right click, as well as select "Uninstall". Let it end. If it inquire you if you desire to delete files, select "No". Redstart the computer. Upon reboot, Windows is going to discover that card once more. If you are connected then it will try on the way to discover updated drivers for your card.

Thanks for the suggestion as per your advice I have installed the latest driver that dell has to offer and I have downloaded it from the Dell site not from any third party website. It appears to install just very well, however I still cannot connect to a WPA2 network. I observe the network furthermore it tries to connect, but subsequent to saying "connecting" for a minute or so it gives up.

I am having the similar trouble on my friends Dell Inspiron 1545 when he upgrade from vista to windows 7 home premium. Right after windows 7 was upgraded the wireless was functioning just okay, until I wanted to reboot after the upgrade was finished, in view of the fact that then I cannot connect to his home network. I have attempted each proposal I can get in every forum topic out there. He needs this trouble to be fixed as soon as possible. Please assist.