Thread: TCP/IPv6 is active, but homegroup says it is not.

TCP/IPv6 is active, but homegroup says it is not.

I have three computers all by means of Windows 7 64 bit in recent times installed, and functioning very well. I desire to create a home group. When I attempt to connect one of the PCs to an accessible home group, I obtain the message "Your network connection must have IPv6 enabled". I have also attempted stopping as well as restarting TCP/IPv6 however I cannot acquire home group to function. I have switched off every firewall. How can I verify that TCP/IPv6 is functioning, and how can I resolve it if it is not.The trouble PC has no other connectivity issues as internet and email are functioning appropriately.

Re: TCP/IPv6 is active, but homegroup says it is not.

Do you find any error message? If yes what is the accurate error message?I would like to make clear that Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) was depended on by the RNRP (Redundant Network Routing Protocol) service. To resolve the problem, let's refer to the following steps. Temporarily disable Firewall as well as third party anti-virus program on the PC and then test.

Confirm significant services are turned on.
    1. Go to Start and type "services.msc" in the start Search Bar as well as press Enter. You may be prompted for a password, type password or press OK.
    2. On "Peer Networking Grouping" services right click and select Properties.
    3. If the service is started click OK (please click the Start button and see if it works).
    4. Repeat the above steps with another service: PNRP Machine Name Publication Service.

Change IPv6 registry key to enable IPV6
    1. Go to Start and type " regedit " in the start Search Bar as well as press Enter. You may be prompted for a password, type password or press OK.
    2. Locate following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters
    3. If "DisabledComponents" exist then double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and change the value to 0
    4. Exit Registry Editor, and after that reboot the PC to save the changes.

I am having the accurate similar trouble except at what time I alter the registry value it modifies itself back within minutes. I have attempted altering the permissions to permit me to simply alter it however it still changes back.
    As a result it still says ipv6 is inactive.So please recommend any other suggestion to resolve the issue.