Thread: Windows 7 : Network Share not working

Windows 7 : Network Share not working

Hello, I am have a problem by means of windows 7 home premium, at whatever time I am attempting to connect any other Operating system similar to windows server 2003/ windows XP from windows 7 home premium then receiving a prompt to place the network credentials, so subsequent to entering the same once more it is seems to be not allowing. Here I would like to update that window 7 which is on workgroup and trying to connect the machines that are in domain. If you have any idea please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows 7 : Network Share not working

The answer: Registry editing for local area network (LAN) manager authentication level below is the procedure to do it:
    1. Click on start and type regedit in the start search box this will open the registry editor
    2 . Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
    3. Generate a new DWORD value by means of the following properties:
    NAME: LmCompatibilityLevel
    VALUE: 1
    4. Reboot your computer and attempt the connection once more.

Create a user account along with password on the server and other machine which equivalent the one on the Windows 7 PC and you will know how to make use of domain resources. Unluckily, as Windows 7 cannot connect a domain you will for all time acquire the first prompt for identification. If this is a trouble, upgrade to Windows 7 Pro and connect the PC to the domain.

I have the similar trouble as well. I have previously opened alike users in all workgroup computers and all computers works very well connecting to all other shares apart from the Windows 7 which is for all time prompting for username and password for the link. On the other side I get a 681 event: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0. Anyone have any idea what does this mean.

Troubles sharing files between PCs on a network are usually caused by:
    1) A miss configured firewall or else overlooked firewall
    2) Involuntarily running two firewalls for example the built-in Windows Firewall as well as a third-party firewall; and/or
    3) Do not have identical user accounts and passwords on every Workgroup systems;
    4) Trying to generate shares where the OS does not allow it.

Click on start and select Control Panel ->All Control Panel Items ->Network and Sharing Center. Now click on "Change advanced sharing settings". You do not desire to make use of Homegroup except you have every one of Windows 7 systems. If you do plus you desire to make use of Homegroup, observe Windows 7's Help & Support. Or else, in the Advanced Sharing:Turn ON network discovery, file and printer sharing, sharing in the Public folder sharing section, password protected sharing.By means of Windows Firewall, turning on Windows 7's File and Printer Sharing as above will take care of this for you.