Thread: When accessing XP Machine, Windows 7 ask's to ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD

When accessing XP Machine, Windows 7 ask's to ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD

Hi All, I have two computers one with Windows XP home premium and the other with Windows 7 64 bit home pre. I have set up a network as well as it appears to be functioning but at what time I attempt to access my windows XP Machine from Windows 7 then it will inquire me to provide Network Password. I have attempted to enter my login password moreover that did not function, I also tried to turn off the password protection from the windows xp machine and it at a standstill prompts for the password. What can I do on the way to resolve this trouble? From my windows xp computer I am able to access the windows 7 computer very well as a result I don’t know why Windows 7 is inquiring for this network password. Please let me know it you have any suggestion.

Re: When accessing XP Machine, Windows 7 ask's to ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD

On the way to permit users to log onto their systems without a password as well as after that access the windows XP machine with no password; you have to make some changes in security policy, just follow the below steps to resolve your issue.

1. Go to start menu and click Control Panel ->Performance and Maintenance-> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy.
    2. Enlarge Local Policies and select Security Options.
    3. Double-click on the “Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console login only” disable this option furthermore click OK.
    This will closed the network access dialog box come into view at what time trying to access your windows xp machine from windows 7.

Ensure to log on to your Windows 7 system by means of an account that do not have a blank password, as well as this similar account/password is as well defined on your Windows XP machine. If you wish you can also perform Sharing files and printers by means of different versions of Windows as well as Networking home PCs running dissimilar versions of Windows.

Thanks for the reply on the other hand I tried your suggestion but it has not done anything, still acquire the message at what time I attempt to log on to the windows xp computer from windows 7, I have also tried this , restarted both computer and this is still occurring. Any other suggestions, I cannot recognize why this is happening at what time from windows XP I can get into the windows 7 .

A instant ago I worked on a Windows XP system that show a related trouble: It would not allow me make a connection to its shares network at the same time as I was logged on as Administrator on a Windows 7 system. The trouble was cause by means of the overprotective Norton program on the Windows XP machine. Later than disabling each and every of its components all the way through msconfig.exe, I may possibly gladly join to Windows XP allocate such as Windows XP\Data. You have to, certainly, ensure that the distribute permissions are set appropriately.

I am also facing the same problem. Unable to access my shared network. Using windows xp and windows 7. While searching on net I found this thread I have tried this solution on my PC, when I click Administrative Tools, the after that menu does not have an choice of "Local Security Policy". Does anybody make out what I am doing incorrect, or why this is?