Thread: UAC - "Unknown Publisher" alert even after FixIt 50202

UAC - "Unknown Publisher" alert even after FixIt 50202

I was having some issues with the Windows Update list as it used to be empty but I solved it by running the FixIt 50202 which is How do I reset Windows Update components? But after some time, This problem again appeared on my machine so I tried to solve it by running the same FixIt program but it didn't helped me this time. Actually it solve it but after rebooting my machine, UAC started prompting me for each and every action which needs elevation including those falling under the "changes I make" class. I have never changed the UAC settings. I have got bored by moving them again and again. Please help!

Re: UAC - "Unknown Publisher" alert even after FixIt 50202

May be you have set your windows firewall to its maximum strictness due to which it is causing such problem for checking the certifications of the programs. I suggest you to disable the windows firewall for sometime on your windows 7 machine after which it might not be showing such annoying messages. I have seen it many time that firewall cause such problems if you are using a pirated or unauthorized version of windows operating system.

With the UAC controller tool, you can set the Windows 7 User Account Control quickly and easily change. The Portable Controller UAC tool resides in the system tray (Windows Notification Area) and allows the Windows 7 user, different user account settings to choose from 5, without the Windows user interface to call UAC 7th.

UAC controller tool includes the following:
    • Turn off UAC - Disable User Account Control (requires restart)
    • Enable without elevation prompt for Administrators - UAC is active - no confirmation dialogs for administrators
    • Switch to Default Settings UAC - Changes to the default UAC
    • Switch UAC to User Friendly Fashion - Turns off the User Account Control for Windows and Microsoft programs - made only notifications when other programs attempt to change the computer settings.