Thread: Unable to logon to Windows 7 after switch from domain to workgroup

Unable to logon to Windows 7 after switch from domain to workgroup

Recently I am running my system on the Windows 7 Pro x64 operating system. But in this recently I am facing lots of issues. Actually I have been testing Windows Server software, so the user account I have been making use of was a domain admin account. Which is went to switch back to workgroup, So in this I had just forgot to disable the local Admin account and removed my local account from the computer. So at the present I am not able to logon through any of the credentials. So related to this any ideas?

Re: Unable to logon to Windows 7 after switch from domain to workgroup

I have a single local admin account and putting out of action then it has to be a classic example of painting yourself into a corner. You have to be able to take out yourself from your quandary by making use of a Windows 7 installation DVD or a Repair CD to boot it. Actually you have to booth this into Repair mode, and then make use of System Restore to place Windows back to a point previous to you disjoined the machine from the domain. At the present how concerning to create this second local admin accounts for emergencies? Any idea?

Hey do not worry guys. Because regarding this I got solution. And also I have seen that many of the users are getting their solution after trying this solution. So if you want then you are able to go for this.
    • To re-enable the construct in Admin accounts primary thing that you just boot from a Windows 7 DVD
    • After that you have to choose "Repair your computer".
    • And in last you have to choose command prompt and enter: net user administrator /active: yes

I have read all the post which is given over here and regarding this I have uncertainty a lot and that is whether this will function. The reason behind this is that I am also going through the same situation. And while in Repair Mode you function beneath a temporary and not reusable set of registry files. And in this if you commands that then it is able to have an effect on the SAM (which this one does) and which will change the SAM on drive X:, which will vanish when rebooting. Have you really tested this command from inside Repair Mode?

Actually here I want to tell you that this information is simply for the employ of retrieval to right of entry to system of which you are authorized for. These steps have no permission by any individual this is a suggested or best solution to recover a password. Actually it is against the law and you will face criminal charges for functioning these actions or worse in to the specialized environment of which you are not the administrator. This is a technique of hacking, thus you have to prior permission or lawful power or rights to the system you are cooperating. This is only for the reason of education*of peers in the Information Technology connected to learning*and has no intent of given malicious operations. Basically if you are trapped by making use of this where you should not be, you are busted and on your own! So you are on your own for support for any damages you do to the OS as far as support is troubled. So just take care of these things.

You completely do not desire to have simply one user account. Like XP, Vista and all additional modern OS, Actually about Windows 7 so it is a multi-user OS along with built-in system such as Administrator, Default, All Users and etc. These accounts should be left alone as they are division of the OS structure. You mainly do not desire only one user account through administrative privileges on Windows 7 for the reason that the built-in Administrator account is putting out of action by default. If you are running as Administrator for your every day work and that account has been corrupted, then things will be hard. It is not possible to make active the built-in Administrator to save things, but it will need third-party tools and working outside the OS. The user account that is for your every day work should be a Standard user, through the extra administrative user simply there for elevation purposes. Running as a Standard user is most excellent practice for security purposes and will assist to protect your computer from bug. After you create "CompAdmin", log into it and modify your regular user account to Standard. Then log back into your usual account. So just go like this. It will help you.