Thread: How to power Cycle a router ?

How to power Cycle a router ?

I have got a desktop system , I use Windows 7 operating system , I have got a new mother board and dual core processor as well, but since few days I am facing an internet issue , but I was unable to isolate the issue , but one of my friend recommended me to power cycle the router , but I do not have any clue what does this power cycle mean , if any one has got any sort of knowledge on how I can power cycle a router , please help me out as I am facing this issue and it is really annoying me very much and I am eager to get my internet connection back, I am waiting for your response. Than you in advance.

Re: How to power Cycle a router ?

I think you should do the basic troubleshooting first before going to all those complex steps , you said that you are facing a no internet issue, just check all the cables that are connected properly to there respective ports and check for the network card driver in the device manager , if you find the driver missing in the device manager corresponding to the Ethernet controller then your system needs a driver needs drivers installation.

Power cycle is a simple steps that is mostly done with the router or the modem. This is mostly performed in the internet issue . To do a power cycle on the router or a modem , first of all you will have to switch off the system, remove all the cables from their respective connections and from the back of the router , then press the power button of the router for 10 -12 seconds and then reconnect all the cables back , turn on the system and check for the internet connectivity again , I hope this step would have helped and will definitely get rid of the internet issue, please reply back in case if you think you missed out something.

Shut Down your system . Do this appropriately if at all likely by going via the Start Menu to switch your computer off. If your computer is totally locked up, Disconnect your Internet devices . Because many people have dissimilar home networking condition, you might have more of less equipment than is mentioned here. If you have High Speed Internet, you will have either a cable modem, or you may even have a DSL modem. Whichever type of connection you have in your system you will have to disconnect the power cable from the back of your router . Reconnect and restart your system

Every so often when you face any issue booting your computer or issues connecting to the network on a high-speed connection, it becomes essential to power cycle your tools before it will work correctly again. Power cycling all of your tools is a quick and simple way to get things working again without the help of a fixing technician. The power cycling is mostly done in the case of high speed internet connection.