Thread: Unable to open Linksys wireless router control panel

Unable to open Linksys wireless router control panel

I am using a Linksys router in my home. Recently I got an unusual problem in it. When I type the IP address 192.168.11.1 it brings up the control panel of Linksys router. The router was wired and online. The fact is when types the same IP address it is not bringing up the control panel of the wifi router. How could be this? I think that I have messed up some settings over there and due to this it is unable to launch control panel. Is there any way to get back that control page by finding router IP address?

Re: Unable to open Linksys wireless router control panel

I think that you have somehow changed the default IP address and due to this the router does not recognizing the IP in order to open the control panel. Did you try the hard reset of your router? Do it now it will restore the factory default settings. The 192.168.1.1 may be the factory default IP address. After the completion of restore reconfigure the router and then try by typing the same IP. It will probably work if it is the default one.

The defaulting IP address of the Linksys wireless routers is 192.168.1.1. Reminder is that this IP address is intended for the LAN only. The router will get a further, public IP address when it is connected to the Internet. I think that you should try this IP. If you have any doubt you can look into the manual or router itself. The IP address might be printed on the router.

Make sure that you have wired to the proper ports. Ensure that you have inserted into LAN port itself, don’t put into either WAN or internet ports. If you have connected the router to the internet the router might be assigned by the different IP address. Run the traceroute command on terminal window and see what you will get. If you have connected the modem to the router then disconnect and again try the same. If the modem is still online then it might be assigned the new IP to the router.