Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

In win 2003 to restrict some softwares to local users in workgroup

Networking & Security

Old 04-01-2011

In win 2003 to restrict some softwares to local users in workgroup

Hai..........

I am using Microsoft Windows sever 2003 R2 standard Edition, Sp2. in work group only. i have 5 users. and i want to the users for some softwares only, and i tried with Local Security policies and it restrict all the softwares. I want to allow only one or more softwares only. like Ms word and Acrobat Reader and one of my trading software diet.exe.
I searched for this a lot...
But i didn't get solution...

Is it possible to allow only one or two softwares in win 2003 work group to local users.

some one help me out.

Old 04-01-2011

Re: In win 2003 to restrict some softwares to local users in workgroup

Yes it is possible. For that you have to use Applocker policy on Windows Sever. But I am not sure that will this be available in your version of Windows Server. It is recommended for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and it supports Windows Server 2003 R2. This a new added feature for Windows 7 and Windows Windows Server 2008 R2. This feature allows you to set restrictions on access to certain applications according to the user. There are three options to create a rule under AppLocker. First is the Publisher, for applications with a digital signature of the publisher. Second is Path to a file or directory (if a directory is selected, the rule applies to all files in the directory). And third is File Hash, this option creates a rule for unsigned applications (with no digital signature).
Old 05-01-2011

Re: In win 2003 to restrict some softwares to local users in workgroup

I am using Windows sever 2003 R2 standard Edition, i tried with three steps... but am not able to restrict particular softwares. help me out with some screen shots to resolve this problem....

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,