Thread: How To Stop a Scan In Progress?

How To Stop a Scan In Progress?

Hello friends, I have installed the Norton Anti Virus 2011 on Windows 7 Professional. The NAV 2011 starts a background scan every now and then, on no permanent schedule that I can decide. Okay, very well with me, although irregularly the scan starts at a non convenient time. When this occurs, I am unable to find a technique to stop the scan. Is there a technique to stop a scan in progress? If not, then is there a technique to schedule the scans (day and time)? If I can't do whichever of these, I'll have to turn off automatic scans and manually run scans on my own schedule. please help me to stop a scan in progress.

Re: How To Stop a Scan In Progress?

The inactive rapid scans occur while here is an antivirus update. They are extremely rapid and light on the machine, so you shouldn't observe them. The inactive Full System Scan will occur roughly around every 7 days from the time when you had set-up the program. It will start to run while your computer system is inactive and will discontinue when we start to use your machine. It will stay restarting until it stops the scan, restarting where it was episodic. If you would moderately plan your weekly antivirus scans, you can do that as well you would punch scan now, custom scans, subsequent to complete system scans, strike schedule and you can set up your plan for that. Though, the inactive rapid scans will keep on run. This was found in the Norton Help Files.

You can't cancel it, only pause it and then as soon as your system is idle for the set amount of time it will start again, and again, and again. The full automatic scan runs once a week at pretty close to the exact time and if it's triggered to run when your normally using your system it will continue to bother you every time. Also be alert that the disk optimizations and Norton insight can run background tasks if you use them.

In reality when you try to schedule a complete system scan NIS will mechanically inquire you if you want to immobilize the IDLE complete scan. Also, even when an inactive complete scan is running it will end mechanically when you begin by means of your computer and recommence another time at a later time when your machine is once again inactive or IDLE. several other users have renowned troubles with IDLE complete scans ongoing to run when a CPU intensive application is being run at the similar time except once you in fact use your computer the IDLE complete scan will mechanically end. Idle rapid scans which are run when fresh definitions are downloaded cannot be blocked but these should is not at all be a trouble since they typically take fewer than 1 minute to run. Expect this helps and then let us inform how it goes.

This occurs to be an unmanaged stand alone client. So I imagine that the randomization features don’t add up. They only seem to come into view on the SEPM console. You just need is to disable the randomization in your schedule scan. Also perform this I went under "settings" and in that under the "idle time scans" and I shut it off momentarily. After that I re-enabled it, Now it doesn't trouble me anymore, the logs displays it is running every week .

jhonas Guest

I think you cant stop it but you can change your setting to scan, your can set the time which is suitable to you for scan!!