Thread: Macbook receiving irregular Wifi signal

Macbook receiving irregular Wifi signal

I am having problems while connecting internet through wifi on my Macbook pro. I can use internet for several minutes and then after new links will not be loading. The device showing me that I am connected to the Wifi network and there are still four bars of reception, but I am not receiving any data from the connection. I didn’t still able to find out which one causing this issue, either a router, Macbook or an ISP. Should I need to replace my router or should I need to install a new modem? Please help me over this? If any device has failed then how could I get the internet access for several minutes?

Re: Macbook receiving irregular Wifi signal

Wireless routers are tiny systems that operate an OS greatly similar to your PC runs Mac OS X. For it, the majority wireless retailers offer standard updates that contain bug fixes as well as safety patches, plus infrequent characteristic updates. If you are familiarizing issues with irregular connections that necessitate a reboot of the router, it’s probable that router desires a firmware revise. Firmware is greatly like program inside that it is updateable by the use of a function built inside router’s set up software. At what time firmwares modernize is desirable, you will download it from the retailer’s website, and then upload the downloaded file to the router.

I think it is neither the issue of the router nor the Modem or ISP. I think it is the cause of Macbook itself. What version of OS you are running? I think that you just not getting packets over that IP address. I heard that there is unique feature in some router like automatic assignment of IP address. There might be some limitation of IP range. When the assigned IP address ranges beyond that limit you may not get any traffic or packets. At this time it seems you like internet access is not accessible.

If you are not getting any packets over that particular IP address which has automatically assigned by your router then you should disable that manual assignment. Set IP address manually and see whether you are able to get the complete internet access properly or not. If you are using the default web browser then I think you should look by changing it. It may the issue of safari. Get the latest Safari for your Mac OS X version.

I heard that the modern version of macbook pros contain a plastic narrow piece beside the rear that houses the wifi antenna. It may be the issue of your macbook’s case which is lagging the Wifi frequency. You need to install a utility which is capable to monitor internet activity. Also contact the ISP and check whether you are getting proper bandwidth that you have ordered for. Also check the cables like telephone cable and modem cables for any kind of damage. It may interrupt the packet transfer rate.