Thread: Apple Airport searching for network every 10-15 seconds

Apple Airport searching for network every 10-15 seconds

I have been using Apple Airport for my Wireless Home Network. I own a macbook pro, iphone and ipad in my home and all for my personal usage which are connected together my WLAN. When I try to connect my macbook pro to my Wireless network, the connection succeeds without any trouble but after some usage every 5-10 seconds it continually shows as network". This really interrupts and irritates when I was working on some important things and downloading videos for streaming. Is there any way to avoid this network hunting for every several seconds? The network reception shows five bars properly.

Re: Apple Airport searching for network every 10-15 seconds

I think that the apple airport is not getting the proper constantly. When there is a much power variation to it, it may shows like dropping in connection and looking for a network to reconnect every 5-10 seconds or minutes. It is not about the device like either Airport or Macbook pro. I think you should check the power supply and also the wired connection to this device. What kind of Airport device you are using now? Is it the Extreme base Station or Express base station? Whatever the device may be checking the power cord as well as the phone connection will be useful.

If you are using the Airport Extreme Base station I think there is only one type of model in it which include inbuilt modem which is M8799LL/A. other don’t have Built-in modem. If this case so then I think that the Airport wifi base is not capable to acquire the signal or connection from the modem or whatever kind of device you are using. Otherwise it might be the issue of internet bandwidth. If you have connected another device other than macbook pro to the Airport then because of low bandwidth it may be dropping and reconnecting automatically while you are working on heavy progress like downloading video.

Once I had the similar issue. My macbook pro was also acting like you mentioned. After several researches I later found that it may be the cause of the changing IP address. So I have decided to assign a fixed IP address and see whether it will be going to stabilize or not. Later I found that the reason that it will be not possible to get connected if the automatically configured IP address has gone beyond 192.168.1.5.

What version of operating system you are using in your MacBook pro? Is the issue of only that particular mac or other’s also? If it is the problem of that particular Macbook then I think you should experiment by changing or upgrading the OS. It may fix your problem somehow. Make sure that you have the latest version of Airport software. If you don’t have yet then I urge you to upgrade it as soon as possible. The issue which you are talking about might be fixed.

As far as my concern I think that it is about the frequencies because I had the same issue in my building. I exist in a flat in the town centre and there are numerous WiFi networks in the air means in as single building. In general I arranged my home wifi Network to pick the frequencies automatically and the whole thing function well. Except when I have this music-cutting-issue, which is frequently united with abridged on the whole network concert, I modify the setting to manual and attempt the frequencies one following a further. When you locate an open frequency, no additional network is making use if, the whole thing must effort as intended.