Thread: I continue receiving message: safety minder has been disabled

I continue receiving message: safety minder has been disabled

"Norton Safety Minder on my computer utilized by my sister has been immobilized. Thus, Norton Online Family cannot observe the Internet activities. Go to your computer and regenerate Norton Safety Minder." Either Norton safety minder does not effort accurate or it does not effort. My sister says she does not know what she is performing to turn off anything. Even if she does, what type of security system would permit itself to be turned off by an illegal user? I establish internet chatter which says any idiot can immobilize this system even accidently. How can that be? I newly reloaded the software it did not assist. Is there a fix?

Re: I continue receiving message: safety minder has been disabled

While you are receiving these messages, can you verify if the program is running by the system clock there should be a yellow symbol with a hand? And what type of user account your sister has? It is Administrator or power user or usual user? It should be a usual user, this way she cannot immobilize advanced permission services similar to Norton, and cannot setup any program devoid of asking you either.

Could you uninstall or reinstall Norton Safety Minder to observe if it assists? If you still continue receiving the message while the sis logs onto the computer, I would like to setup a remote desktop access session with you. Please let me know when would be a good time for you. You are welcome to send me a computer or email. Are you able to replicate the problem constantly? If you are, please let me know. I would as well like to setup a remote desktop access session with you.

I will attempt the desktop access while I get a chance. It seems Norton is being immobilized just earlier than or while my sister signs off at the end of the majority but not all of her sessions. She does not comprise Administrator access. She is most probable in a social networking site, like Facebook, while it occurs. It has not at all occurred when I was with her that has me thinking her actions when the online chatter appears to support her story that there is a error in the program which just sends the message while she shuts down in a exacting way.

I am not certain what constantly would be. It does it on its personal. I cannot discover a set of ordinary factors which would make it come about. It has occurred at dissimilar times of the day, with or without my sister logged in, and when no one is even home. So I suppose the response is no. You are welcome to setup a remote desk top.