Thread: Cannot log into Identity Safe after clicking on Norton Internet Security Update

Cannot log into Identity Safe after clicking on Norton Internet Security Update

I am currently using Norton Internet Security and just want to update it in my computer. But while I clicking on the Norton Internet Security update, it cannot log into the identity safe. Can somebody please let know me why the update which was specified by Norton for updating 2010 to 2011 washed out my profile so I cannot log into Identity Safe with my right password? Please if anyone has any information regarding this problem then please provide me. All information is appreciated greatly.

Re: Cannot log into Identity Safe after clicking on Norton Internet Security Update

Can you provide me a bit more information? What version of NIS 2011 do you currently have, from Support- About? What version of Windows does you running and is it 32 or 64 bit? Lots of users have upgraded from 2010 to 2011 and not anything like this has been reported. Do you have any additional security software setup moreover NIS? Was the whole thing functioning correctly with NIS 2010 earlier than the upgrade? As well, later than you updated to NIS 2011 did you regenerate the PC? If not, please attempt this and see if the trouble is still there. While you updated to 2011, how did you accomplish the upgrade? Did you uninstall 2010 first or let the setup of 2011 grip it automatically? If you uninstalled 2010 first, was something else made in preparation for upgrading to 2011? I am certain I can get this functioning for you and these queries will assist me to direct you in the correct way. Hope this assists.

Re: Cannot log into Identity Safe after clicking on Norton Internet Security Update

I also have the same problem and I did not uninstall earlier version that I believe was 2010, I let Norton do it all with the upgrade and I currently have version 18.1.0.37. I have Microsoft windows 7 and cannot discover the directory you require me to seem in for the 2 file names. No I did not back up previous. Obviously I have rebooted. I sure hope I not at all would have upgraded as now I have misplaced all my passwords.

This directory should be there. Did you make sure that Windows Explorer is place to display and permit access to hidden system files and folders? How far down the path of C:\Program Data are you capable to obtain? Please confirm for this another time because even if something occurred to your unique data this folder have to be there. The Hex numbers in the path might be a bit dissimilar on your PC so later than C:\ProgramData\Norton seem for directory names with a group of numbers in it and begin checking under that level. If you get these two files, please tell me what the lengths are. Are you completely sure you are typing the password with the right case? The password is case sensitive and makes certain the Caps Lock key is not ON mistakenly. With your old version of NIS did you amass the Identity Safe information locally or on a USB flash drive or further removable media? as well, click on Settings from the main NIS user interface, after that click on Web Settings and seem in the Identity Safe part. What alternatives do you observe existing here?

I would like to ask the people having the trouble if they tried the upgrade from NIS 2010 to NIS 2011 later than they installed the most recent batch of Windows Updates, or if it started or was observed later than the Windows Update were installed? It is strange and I have been following along as I am as well inquisitive. I am as well utilizing Windows 7 64 bit and I had to utilize Program Files in lieu of Program Files to get to the correct files location. By the way the length in my IDDStore.dat and IDDStore back.dat are both 1.70 MB. As well coexport.exe was situated in Program Files.