Thread: Sonar drops out while upgrading from NIS 2010 to 2011

Sonar drops out while upgrading from NIS 2010 to 2011

I have upgraded from NIS 2010 to 2011 and Sonar drops out sometimes, I after that have to repair it physically and reboot, just clicking on "Fix IT" won't effort. This is not a most important trouble and I can work round it but I thought I had improved let Symantec know of the problem. So, anybody know about this issue or anyone aware with these cries? If anyone has any information or any help regarding this, then please provide.

Re: Sonar drops out while upgrading from NIS 2010 to 2011

Did you run Live Update later than upgrading to NIS 2011 until there were no more updates? What version of Windows do you contain and is it 32 or 64 bit? It is not common for this to be occurrence. The once I saw something related, uninstall or reinstall empty the trouble up and I have not seen it come back since. You are not running any further security software with a concurrent component, right? Was the whole thing working ok earlier than you upgraded to 2011? How long before was the upgrade and has this been a trouble ever since? I would suggest doing uninstall or reinstall and if the trouble persists later than that you may require to merge this with the use of the Norton deletion tool but for present I would suggest reinstalling without utilizing that. I think you are well-known with the process for uninstalling and reinstalling to comprise backing up Identity Safe, and so on but let me know if you require the steps.

I have run all the essential updates and I run on a 32 bit Windows 7 Operating system. There is no additional security software installed. All I required to perform is make Symantec aware of this trouble, it just started occurrence over the weekend, and I have known this occur though in the past while I have experienced earlier NIS versions at the Alfa stage. I had to report a BSOD caused by NIS 2010 annoying to run live update and not completing, the thread was titled "BSOD and NIS”. I think but I will confirm it out so that you can have a read. I will give it one more pair or 2 days to observe what occurs leave it with me and I will get back to you on my answer, these things take a little time to reform, it is a waiting game. I may have to uninstall and reinstall. I will utilize the NRT to get rid of it or reimage.

I am of the sense you should uninstall NIS 2011 and install it again if Sonar is revolving itself OFF out of the blue. I just had this trouble one time on one of my PC and a reinstall cleared up the problem. If you did run the BETA version of 2011 on this PC and did not reinstate a pre-BETA image earlier than installing the official release I would suggest uninstalling NIS 2011, after that running the deletion tool two times with a reboot in between every one. After doing that reinstall the official version and Live Update it. If you do this be certain to back up Identity Safe first so you can reinstate later on.

The NIS 2010 version was a last downloaded release and the improve NIS another time was a downloaded last release. I can live with the trouble because I still have 100 days subscription remain on the old 2010 key. Someone told me that I could utilize this key until it expired and after that utilize the fresh key next year. I don't believe it has anything to act with the key code is it? To save any messing regarding I can just reimage and install NIS 2011 final release and the trouble will leave, but, that action won't tell me anything as to what is causing sonar to failure. Currently I am working on a multi boot PC which I am utilizing to test N360 V5 on Windows 7 and I run NIS 2011 on Windows 7