Thread: How to use remote desktop in Linux mint?

How to use remote desktop in Linux mint?

Hello friends, I found within the Control Center Remote Desktop, however it comes into view to be for setting up a remote with a windows system. I am right now making us of the two computer systems on which the Linux mint 8 is uploaded. Now what must I utilize to remotely access one Linux mint computer to one more? Please help me to make use of the remote desktop in the Linux mint. You may also provide me the tutorial for this.

Re: How to use remote desktop in Linux mint?

There in the remote Desktop within the control panel sets up and configures mint as a Virtual Network Computing that is the VNC Server. Remote Desktop is an ill-fated name. To manage a Windows machine attach to an Remote Desktop Protocol which is the RDP Server use rdesktop. I believe that now you must have to install it. I had also set up the tsclient.

You can install ssh on to your Linux machines that you desire to control. It will now installs an ssh server and you can manage it by logging on through the desktop similar to: ssh -X LinuxPCYouWantToConrol
    If you want to include a unlike userid on that machine then: ssh -X -l theUserIdOnTheLinuxPC LinuxPCYouWantToConrol
    If you wish to control the active session, then you'll want to organize the Remote Desktop in the control panel on the Linux Personal Computer you want to manage the server to permit connections. You then can be able to utilize somewhat like xtightvcviewer on your desktop. You’ll have to install it. You can also make use of the tsclient to organize a vnc session.

What you can do is just set up the vino and vinagre packages, this are installed to allow remote desktop use and organize from every one, after that setup remote desktop on the system that you desire to remote into, also locate a password if you want, and you ought to be able to log into it from the additional fine. I usually make use of this attribute to manage the machines in further parts of the house with this method as I'm very idle to walk to the other end of the house.

To connect with the Remote Desktop, ino is VNC server for GNOME.VNC is a protocol that permits remote display of a user’s desktop. This package offers a VNC server that incorporates with GNOME, permitting you to export your running desktop to an additional computer for remote use or diagnosis. I think that by default Linux Mint or Ubuntu will appear with vino-server as a result it is extremely simple to organize to enable remote desktop distribution in your Linux machine. If you desire to access Linux Mint device remotely you want to login in to your Linux system. Keep in mind that Remote Desktop will simply work if there’s a GNOME login session. Leaving your system with an un-presented GNOME login session is not protected and not suggested.