Thread: Message: Your PC is not protected by SONAR Advanced Protection

Message: Your PC is not protected by SONAR Advanced Protection

Hello friends, I am working with the Windows 7 RC and I am currently being using the Norton 360 3.0 2009 along with that it keeps on telling me the message that “Your PC is not protected by SONAR Advanced Protection”. I make an effort for setting up it but it won’t do anything. As noted somewhere else, the repair alternative does not appear to do whatever thing. I also try an attempt by going into the settings but it hangs my system what can it be or how can I repair this? Please help. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Strangers; 30-12-2010 at 11:58 PM.

Re: Message: Your PC is not protected by SONAR Advanced Protection

I think that the Norton 360 does not perform perfectly with Windows 7 RC for the reason that Symantec declines to update the program for the RC. They have declared that they will simply update the program for Windows 7 just the once Microsoft releases the final version. I will recommend you that make use of the freeware which works very well with the Windows 7 such as the Avast, AVG, Quick Heal etc. Download it from the manufacturer web sites.

Check that whether that SONAR is on. And also if it is Off then you can manually turn it on and then check whether it helps you out. Also performing any kind of changes to the settings of SONAR restart the computer and then check if it helps you. Also one of mine friends also has this difficulty. What he did is he has just sort it out.

The possible repair for this is going to be an un-installation and reinstallation of Norton Security with or without the Norton Removal Tool. I believe you want to do this to clear up your problem. also I imagine that an un-installation and reinstallation of Norton is the best key to solve this problem with the help of the removal tool. It should be probable to download pcAnywhere, save it and reinstall it or reactivate it after that.

The Norton 360 products usually does not sustain with the Windows 7 Operating System. A bit for version 3.0 will be obtainable very soon, as Symantec acquires the RTM edition, and complete with the inner testing’s. But this updated version will have several viruses on earlier windows 7 builds such as the RC, for the reason that the code has been altered after RC. Until the patch will be obtainable I recommend you to set up the Norton 2010 beta. Norton 360 Version 4.0 can perform with the Windows 7. For that you can download it through the symantec.com/norton/beta/

jhonas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Connect_Me View Post
    The Norton 360 products usually does not sustain with the Windows 7 Operating System. A bit for version 3.0 will be obtainable very soon, as Symantec acquires the RTM edition, and complete with the inner testing’s. But this updated version will have several viruses on earlier windows 7 builds such as the RC, for the reason that the code has been altered after RC. Until the patch will be obtainable I recommend you to set up the Norton 2010 beta. Norton 360 Version 4.0 can perform with the Windows 7. For that you can download it through the symantec.com/norton/beta/
    I agree with your suggestion i you may try norton antivirus 2011 download, its great!!
    Last edited by Kunal; 05-01-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed