Thread: Disappointing VirtualBox internet connection

Disappointing VirtualBox internet connection

I do not know much about virtualization, I suddenly wanted to know if it was possible to isolate a process (like firefox) through virtualization. The interest would be able to quickly use firefox in a healthy environment free of any keylogger, trojan any potential. I thought that when I use my CB on the internet in principle. I saw that solutions such as e-CB exist, but only deport the problem because if it's not your credit card number is retrieved, then this will be your login e-CB needed before any generation BC number temporarily. The ideal would be to have a solution for linux. After, I do not know if "virtualize the process" can provide more security at trojan, keylogger etc.. This is also one reason, I am posting this query. On virtual machines I have a user experience a bit disappointing VirtualBox internet connection kind of impossible. Need to create share folders between ubuntu and the virtual machine. After you have viable alternatives in terms of "security" for the worries that bother me, I'm interested!!

Re: Disappointing VirtualBox internet connection

I do not know much about security, but this could be a (part of) response. Is / software "sandbox" (sandbox) which sets apart the programs that you throw it. These programs can not modify / install / remove something on your computer, they "see" what's in the sandbox. So the idea is to browse with Firefox (or other) in the sandbox any crap like that will not settle. Then for your online purchases, you use a Firefox outside or in another sandbox.

The aim is precisely to provide a solution pretty sure people like my parents, for example. Every time I go back on their PC, I'm afraid. So I may just log on my mailbox because I fear a compromise of mdp stupid. So I log on my bank account online ... bof I think too much in those moments. So on sandbox, I do not know. It's interesting as a principle but perhaps not for the use I want to do? I feel it's useful to open a source that is not safe. You open it in a closed environment that prevents what is inside to interact with the outside. The reverse is probably true though. But is it prevents a keylogger / trojan to retrieve what is typed before being sent to the sandbox and thus the browser? I'm not sure. Besides, the problem is probably the same for a virtualized process? Unless the keyboard is really disconnected from the initial system being in connection with the "bubble virtualized? Why should the opinion of a connoisseur.

So the best solution remains the sandbox actually have not forgotten that in this case the dangerous element is the browser and not the host. Concerning your keylogger is if the host is affected by a keylogger app sandbox or the guest will be necessarily affected. If it's not even a keylogger hard you ask yourself the question while it exists. Also I think that normally except in the sandbox, it lets you completely isolate your firefox, which then allows you to prevent infection by a vector WEB.

Thank you for your answers. That's what I thought the sandbox protects the host machine's browser (if the browser is in the sandbox). It does not protect the user keylogers and other malware. And the definition wiki for virtual machines is in the same sense I think? The virtual machine isolates the host as well as the guest. But in any case if "I" in the virtual machine (I clicked the mouse in the virtual machine) does not protect the recovery of keys by a keyloger software installed on the host (I'm not talking about the hard that can not be circumvented in this way there)? Is that correct? And if so, what solutions could help overcome the misuse of sensitive data entered by the user at one time or another? Apart from the livecd is not always practical.