Thread: Need help to establish network between wireless printer and wireless router

Need help to establish network between wireless printer and wireless router

I am running a small business and I having two offices located in different locations and distance between two offices are around 3 kilometers. I having all equipment which required to the connection and some then are wireless. So I need help to connect a wireless router with the wireless printer and wireless switch. I want to tell you that my network is wireless and it are based on windows. So if anyone having this idea so please helps me out in this.

Re: Need help to establish network between wireless printer and wireless router

I thing you will not required wireless switch because you already have wireless router. Anyways, first you need to connect t the access point on your computer. Follow the same connection with your printer. Ensure they are situated on same subnet and have similar series of IP. e.g. 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2. Now Install the updated drivers for your printer and restart your whole networks set up once and check the connection.

I don’t know the connection of the wireless router or switch but if your printer is wireless then I can give you some steps for this. First you need to install all updated and suitable driver then if you are using Windows XP or Windows vista then click on start then go in Control panel. Select hardware and sound category then you will get printer option in it. To add a printer click on tool bar ad printer icon. Now click on the box then add a network in that you will get wireless or Bluetooth printer. Click on wireless printer. At last your computer will look for the printer and you just need to click on it and you are ready to use your printer.

Here I am giving you some steps for connecting your wireless router with your wireless printer. For that you need to follows these steps. First connect an Ethernet cable straight from the printer to the router, in case your printer having an Ethernet port. You may require inserting and running the printer installation disk and select the Network option. Power on the printer and verify that it is on the network by opening the Start menu and opening Control Panel then Network and Sharing then see Computers and Devices. You can also plug the printer into the router with a USB cable. A number of wireless routers include a USB connection for printers so a number of computers can share a printer over the network. Now add the printer by clicking on the Start menu then click on Control Panel then click on Printers then Add Printer then Add a Network Printer. Go after the on screen orders to configure. Check the wireless router to printer connection by giving print order to a test page from the printer from one of your computer on network. And you will be sure with the connection.