Thread: I have no local network access

I have no local network access

Hello, I encompass 2 computers that are connected by cable to a D-Link G604T by means of firmware Australian as well as a laptop that connects by means of wifi. All have Windows XP SP2.Before; I could share the printer on the host computer and the other PC's use. I do not remember if it does not work since I changed the firmware, I installed the firewall or just does not work because. The computer that has the printer has since Zone Alarm, disabled the Windows XP SP2 firewall. All computers are on subnet 255.0.0.0, as the router. All are in the similar group. The computer as well as printer network Zone Alarm is detected as a zone of confidence. Still, I cannot get computers in My Network Places can see the resources shared by the host computer and I think the main PC does not see what I share in the notebook. I said that I have permission to access the network while the PCs see each other and respond to pings from the laptop. The notebook has put the Norton Auto-Protect, but do not think this has to do as the other PC does not have and cannot see the printer. What do I do? Could it be the router? I have iTunes on the laptop and main PC (the printer) but I have the latest version, so I do not think it's a problem with the Bonjour service. Thanks in advance.

Re: I have no local network access

I will recommend you to place the 2 teams within a functioning group of the similar name as well as share anything in putting the two to share Full Control permission for any user. By means of this as well as you should be able to observe them in My Network Places. Hope this will help you to get rid of your issue. If you have any further query please let me know.

Put something to share both with permission to modify or not. The trouble is that at what time I enter teams tells me that I have no permission to go in there. If I attempt to add a shared printer, the wizard brings me the name of the group but cannot find printers, and if I try to open the group in the Add New Printer wizard gives me error.I think it has to be some problem of the Service Pack, router, firewalls, etc., But in theory everything is fine and I've tried to remove the firewall to test and I cannot add the printer on other PCs.

At what time you say what the subnet 255.0.0.0 guess you're referring to the mask, no? That we be supposed to be a 10.xxx ip for example (class). That by yourself is a doubt for the reason that he has Desperation. Let’s see, the trouble is that, assuming no domain and make use of the working group:
    1-The equipment must be in the same workgroup
    2-For a user has permissions must exist as a user on the computer where you are trying to connect to a shared resource accder
    3-You must have the "File and Printer Sharing" selected
    as well as lastly the firewall you have on the computers should have the appropriate ports open (I guess this is the problem with the printer).

Nothing, no way. All that I have it right. I have even tested with Windows XP wizard and nothing. I looked at the FAQ, nor anything. The main computer is the laptop but the laptop cannot now fall within the group when you go to network environment. Says he has no permissions. If the host computer tries to enter the shared folder on the laptop, says no permits. I created a username and passwords are identical on both computers and nothing.

I have attempted removing firewalls as well as antivirus and attempt on the way to share both among the host PC to the laptop as the secondary and the laptop. Always the identical. Additionally, it takes long time on the way to appear the group is available to enter my Network Places. At what time you go to Microsoft Windows network, the main PC seems to go faster, however on reaching the group stays for a while and eventually stopped giving the ruling. Could it be the router?