Thread: Why my router is giving slow speed

Why my router is giving slow speed

Why I’m not getting full speed from my router. I’m supposed to get 2mbps speed from my router but I’m receiving around 180kbps. My router is Actiontec PK5000 router/modem. I had try to contact my service provider but they are not doing anything,Now I think I have to fix this problem on my own.I’m sure it's something wrong in settings.
    Firewall is off, everything says it's connected at: "Qwest DSL:
    CONNECTED 1536/ 896 KBPS". So, what's the problem? Please help.

Re: Why my router is giving slow speed

First try to contact your ISP, If your service provider or manufacturer of the router not responding you then check your switching port, If your switch port getting faster speed then something wrong with your computer. For example there could be a virus,Trojan or worms through which your pc get effected but not sure. You can check online related to this query.

It depends on which router you are using. You must know that connection speedof a internet is different and download speed is different. You’ll never get the speed same as your connection speed. For example your frnd starts using the download first, the complete bandwidth is allocated to him, then you start a download, your download will start slower, but ideally the rate should go up. If your frnd is using a p2p client then he has various connections, and it will look like he is having variety of connections. Find out what your fmd is downloadingand and using.

This happens usually when you download from unreliable or a website which give slow speed. The speed also depends on the website, so please check first that you are getting slow speed because of this or some other problem is there. Figure out the problem first, If you are not getting still then install a download accelerator, It will give boost to your speed. If nothing happen then install CC proxy it can manage the bandwidth.

The speed also depends on FSB/CPU/RAM/GPU/WiFi as well. These bottlenecks may slow it down.You may also check on the Plus Net exchange checker. This will generally tell you if the exchange is oversubscribed. If the status indicator is green, your ISP is lying to you. As far as concerned the faster router doesn’t mean faster connection. If you have any doubt on this issues you can search online.