Thread: How to connect multiple PCs to sql 2005 database

How to connect multiple PCs to sql 2005 database

I would akin to hook up numerous PCs to one sql 2005 database. I required to be use SQL Server Compact Edition? If not, how do I formulate the connections? If so, where do I come across out how to do so? Regarding this I have asked many friends but not get any proper solution. If you have information about this then please help me as soon as it is possible for you. I just want to thank you in advance.

Re: How to connect multiple PCs to sql 2005 database

I am also going through this but in my case the system error 1219 occurs when a user tries a different user name and a second session to build a server. They work with normal user rights and are associated with a share on a server. Now they want to do a job for which they need admin rights. So quickly join the share with admin rights on a new letter.
    Code:
    C: \> net use Y: \ \ myserver \ test / user: dom \ administrator
    System error 1219 has occurred. The credentials supplied clash along with an existing set of credentials. The first problem is the error message itself. This has been in translating somewhat affected. The unique is there, System error 1219 has occurred. The recommendations has been supplied which get clash with an existing set of credentials. So I cannot build two sessions with different user information from one machine to a server. So if you have any suggestion then please pass it.

I have solution for this so the simplest solution is connection with "net use x: / d" to separate. But now its own roaming profile on the server which is aware, the separation is not possible. It remains a fact that is the only logging off the workstation and a new application as an administrator. But of course there is also a convenient solution. The server finds fault with the second link structure is not if it is even addressed by name and once by its IP address. The IP address is easily found with a ping.
    Code:
     C: \> net use X: \ \ myserver \ test / user: dom \ Worker
    C: \> net use Y: \ \ 10.0.0.2 \ test / user: dom \ administrator
    Now I have two drive letters associated with the same share. On the drive X: with normal user rights, and on Y: the rights of the administrator.

I have a problem with visual studio 2005 and it will not let me open more than one simultaneous connection to the database sql server 2005. If for example I leave the connection to the database open server explorer of visual studio and run the application, I bark at the time that the code appears Connection.Open (), i.e. that I cannot open another connection. The strange thing is that with the sql express management studio open and looking at the contents of the database used in the application itself runs correctly. Just gives me problems with visual studio on whether to open connections. It's funny because I only happens on this machine, I have another laptop and gives me no problems, I guess it will be a thing of the configuration of sql server but not how to fix it.

I have installed a database server SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition. And a small application (vb2005) writes about ten records in the database via LAN. This application runs on several jobs from time to time. Access to SQL Server is defined with a connection string in vb2005 and for a specific user. My question is simple, what happens if two applications run together and try to get into SQL Server at once with the same user? I would give an error? How do fix it?

Would give you a default ADO.NET handles optimization technique for call connection pool of connections for each connection string identical to handle in your application. The connection pool reduces the number of times it is necessary to open new connections. To manage connections, it maintains a set of active connections for each given connection configuration. Each time a user calls Open on a connection, the pooler (hub) checks if a connection is available in the pool. If a pooled connection is available, returns to the caller instead of opening a new one. When the application calls close on the connection, the pooler (hub) returns to the pooled set of active connections instead of actually closing. Once the connection is returned to the group is ready to be reused on the next call to Open. So you can go through this I am sure you can go through this.