Thread: Troubleshooting internet connection with NETGEAR RP614

Troubleshooting internet connection with NETGEAR RP614

I was having Windows XP operating system installed on my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. I purchased a new Netgear RP614 wireless router so that I can connect to the internet. However I have done all the settings for my router and when I started the internet browser for browsing the internet then I am facing connection problem. My laptop is connected to the Netgear RP614 wireless router but it fails to connect to the internet and therefore I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and connect to the internet.

Re: Troubleshooting internet connection with NETGEAR RP614

If you are facing internet connection problem with Netgear RP614 wireless router then you need to make sure that you have installed latest firmware for your router. Firmware is the piece of update to keep up the router functioning. Netgear Company regularly releases new update so that internet connections problem may be fixed easily. You can get the router update by typing the “192.168.1.1” IP address in the browser. Click on push “Check” next to “Check for New Version” and follow each and every step to install it. After updating Netgear router with latest firmware internet connection issue may be resolved.

You can easily troubleshoot the internet connection problem with the Netgear router by restoring the router back to its basic settings. To restore the basic settings you need to follow the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the browser and open the internet browser by double clicking on it.
    2. You need to type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of the browser.
    3. Enter “admin” for username and password to access the Netgear router administrative page.
    4. You need to click on basic settings and verify that the router is correctly setup by the Internet service provider.
    5. You need to click on “save changes” button to save the new configuration and the connection problem will be resolved.

If you are having internet connection problem then you can easily resolve this issue by using the ping command. You need to start the command prompt and type “ping 192.168.1.1” command and press enter key. If you receive the “Request timed out” message then you may need to unplug the router for some time and then connect it again. Again you may use the ping command to test the router. If you receive “Reply from” then you need to check internet connection is working.

You can resolve the internet connection by rebooting the Netgear router. You need to follow the steps given below to reboot the Netgear router:
    1. You need to shut down the computer system. Many common problems related to Netgear router may be solved by rebooting.
    2. You need to unplug the Netgear router and the internet modem.
    3. Wait for some time and then again plug-in the Netgear router into the system. You need to wait for some time unless and until Internet modem is completely initialized.
    4. After the Internet modem is completely initialized you need to plug in the Netgear router. Restart the computer system and start the browser to check if the connection issue persists. Rebooting the router will cause the router to have new settings.