Thread: Connecting PSP to internet via AT&T Router

Connecting PSP to internet via AT&T Router

Few days before only, I have purchased PSP 3000 because of its advanced features such as it is having an upgraded screen and also built in microphone. I am also having an AT&T Router and I wanted to connect my PSP 3000 to it but I am unaware of the steps to connect it. I need a solution describing the steps so that I can connect PSP 3000 to AT&T Router wirelessly.

Re: Connecting PSP to internet via AT&T Router

If you want to connect AT&T Router with PSP 3000 then you can easily connect it. The steps to connect AT&T Router are given below:
    1. You need to power on the PSP and select settings menu. From the settings menu, you need to select Network Settings and then press the X button from your PSP.
    2. You need to select “Infrastructure Mode" option and then again press the X button. Select new connection and then press X button.
    3. You need to select scan from the WLAN Settings menu. After selecting scan, PSP 3000 will scan for the nearest access point i.e. for AT&T network router.
    4. Now you need to select the access point to which you want to connect and press the X button.
    5. After selecting access point, you need to select “MySSID”. You need to select WLAN Security Setting. The security settings will depend on your AT&T router.
    6. Select easy on the internet settings menu and press the X button. You need to enter the name for connection and after entering the name press the forward button from the PSP to continue further.
    7. Check the settings and press the X button. Select "Test Internet Connection" and now the PSP should connect to the wireless AT&T router easily without any problems.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given steps it was possible for me to connect my PSP 3000 to wireless AT&T router and now I can play games on my PSP without any problems. From last few weeks I am getting 80020148 error codes on my PSP and the game loading stops. I am unaware of this error code and need a solution so that I can resolve it.

With the help of Sony PSP, we can watch movies, listen to music and access the Internet. If you are getting 80020148 error codes and the game is not loading properly then in that case you need to make sure that you are having the latest firmware for PSP. If you are not having the latest firmware for PSP then you need to install it. You need to connect the PSP to the computer through USB cord. After connecting PSP you need to update the firmware by clicking on PSP window. After updating to latest firmware 80020148 error codes message will be resolved.