Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-12-2010

Norton stops files downloading

I newly improved my Norton subscription from NIS '10 to '11. From the time when I renewed I am not anymore able to download files. I receive a box which says my security settings will not permit me to download file. I have Microsoft windows Vista and Internet explorer 8. The whole thing is advanced. There have been no modifications to my settings. The just thing which modified was going from '10 to '11. I have attempted switching ON and OFF certain functions but not anything seem to effort. I have attempted to download dissimilar files from dissimilar sites to make certain it was not site specific. I am not able to download anything. Any opinion or information regarding this issue would be welcome.
Old 28-12-2010

Re: Norton stops files downloading

If you immobilize the firewall, are you after that able to download files? Are you utilizing an administrator account or a limited user account? If you still not able to download anything with the firewall disabled, you will require to seem in the security settings in Internet Explorer. There may have been a Windows update which distorted something in windows Vista.
Old 28-12-2010

You should be familiar with that NIS does not incorporate with Google Chrome insofar as the Norton toolbar is concerned. Have you modified any settings in Internet explorer newly? You can attempt again setting Internet explorer to default settings. You can do this by following simple steps: From Tools- Internet Options after that click on the Security tab and click on the "Reset all zones to default level". Hope this will helps you to solve your problem.
Old 28-12-2010

I have some information for you which help you to solve this issue. Is the alert box a Norton recognize or a Windows or Internet explorer notice? It does not sound like a Norton caution at all. It appears more likely that the Internet explorer settings for your Internet Zone possibly too limiting for downloading, in that case you should add the download site, if you faith it, to the Trusted Sites Zone.
Old 28-12-2010

Go to Internet explorer security settings and put them to Medium High and put them to default levels. That should accurate the trouble. If trouble still exist later than this step go to Internet explorer Advanced options and select 'Restore Advanced Settings'. So this will surely help you to sort out your problem. And this will help to start downloading. If this is not the solution for you then reply back, what the trouble occur after performing this steps.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,