Thread: Norton: Uninstall from a dead computer and reinstall to a new one

Norton: Uninstall from a dead computer and reinstall to a new one

I have a PC that is being restored. The computer is dead and I am not able to uninstall Norton from that PC. Now, I acquired a novel one and wish to setup Norton in the new one. How do I go about this since I am not able to uninstall from the old computer? Please suggest some information which helps me solve this issue. All information regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Norton: Uninstall from a dead computer and reinstall to a new one

Could you please provide some information, what Norton product it is which you have, Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security or Norton 360 and what version of that product. You can discover that in Support or regarding where it is in the format nn.nn.nn.nnn. Is it a 1 computer version or a 3 computer version? Does the subscription still contain few days to run? Did you download the unique from Norton or purchase a retail copy on a disk? As well tell what version of Windows and whether it is 32 bit of 64 bit. One time I know which Norton product you have I can provide you a link to download the installation file. If there is a trouble with activation I can provide you a link to Customer Support who is rapid to repair things like this since they have access to the records.

I have Norton Internet Security, version 18.5.0.125. The PC I want to setup Norton on is a 64 bit. I have a 3 PC version of the product. I just improved the subscription so it has additional than 300 days remain. I am just downloaded the unique from Norton and I am on automatic renewal. My issue is that I am not able to reboot the old computer any longer so I cannot uninstall it from that PC. The additional license which I setup in another PC is as well not active as I determined to run Avast antivirus on it later than the computer as well died and the whole thing got wiped out. So anyone have more suggestion regarding this issue then please provide.

There should be no troubles which cannot be simply solved. You can download the recent version of Norton Internet Security 2011 from here. Just currently you will almost surely download 18.1.0.137 and not the 18.5 that is not usually available up till now but will become obtainable via Live Update previous long I imagine since it will be trickle fed out and not sent to all users at one time. I imagine you will perform this on your novel PC, or you can perform it on any other and after that copy the file over onto a thumb drive or a CD. While you are prepared to setup it on the novel PC just place the file you downloaded and what I perform is Right Click on the downloaded exe file and choose Run as Administrator from the list, this does it with additional rights that I think is desirable.

I also have some suggestion for you, which may be helpful to solve your issue. Later than it is setup you can activate it with the KEY you contain, do you have a duplicate of that? While you purchased from Norton it should have come in an email. If not can you access your MyNortonAccount and get it from that? Click on the product name while that releases and it should provide the KEY there. If you receive a message that all activations have been utilized, or in turn only to release the one you will no longer be utilizing you can just contact Customer Support and they have the tools to sort out this. Only tell them what you have completed and that you cannot access the old computer to remove the Norton there. One time it is setup run Live Update sometimes with a reboot between and that will update the definitions and so on and may update you to 18.5. If it does not update to 18.5 just be patient and keep an eye open here for declarations.