Thread: Norton Internet Security 2010 wants to delete some files

Norton Internet Security 2010 wants to delete some files

My Norton Security 2010 wants to delete some files in my Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, SP 2 PC. Do you think that I should hear what Norton is saying? The files which it wants to delete are from the C:\Windows\System 32 and the name of the files are as follows
    jupdate-1.6.0_13-b03
    jupdate-1.6.0_15-b03

Both files are the type of text document. Along with both file there are also some similar document files which also I need to delete. As I can say by seeing their same they are older versions of files related to java. So is it safe to remove? I want to remove those because I am afraid that they are going to mess up with the new version of java installations. What do you suggest about this?

Re: Norton Internet Security 2010 wants to delete some files

First of I need to suggest to compulsory that, you actually must not clutter around eliminating files which are located in the Windows directories. If you take out the incorrect item you can formulate your PC unbootable. Particularly if these two files encompass a .log extension then it is not the problem. You can securely eradicate them if latest java is no longer installed. I vacillate to pronounce this for the reason that I'm worried you will begin building a tendency of removing those files from there and I positively don't desire to persuade that. Messing with system folders are not the best thing for a normal user.

As far as I know they will not mess with any of your fresh installation. I think that they are just the log file to remember. If they mess so then you no longer able to install any application from prior version to newer version. For what purpose you want into system 32 folder. The NIS thinks that it is just the unwanted files without any source and for that reason only it want get rid of those. Nothing more than that.

More often than not elder versions of programs are detached for the duration of the install of fresh editions but Sun has someway determined not to perform this. The consequence is that a numeral of dissimilar versions of the JRE might subsist on your PC. These elder versions may potentially deceit a risk to your logic of protection due to the probable vulnerabilities or security cracks that may perhaps survive inside them. For that reason I think you need to install a utility called JavaRa. JavaRa is a straightforward implement that does an effortless job. It eliminates previous and outmoded editions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). Merely choose “Check for Updates” or “Remove Older Version” to commence. JavaRa is free of charge underneath the GNU GPL edition 2.

If the Norton is really need to delete those files then assume that there might be some kind of security risks among those files. So I think it will be better do what the Norton says. As you say those are the older versions of java files which you have been uninstalled from your computer. So why do you need to worry about then? Delete them as your security program says. It might be possible that there might be vulnerabilities stuck among them and causing some unsuspected process.