Thread: Unauthorized access blocked by the Norton Internet Security

Unauthorized access blocked by the Norton Internet Security

I am using Norton Internet Security 2010 v17.8.0.5 in my windows Vista Home premium 32 bit Service pack 2 Desktop computer. I have found a file in which has been blocked. I have seen this file entry in History>Norton Product Tamper Protection and the description by the Norton is as follows.
    Severity: Medium
    Activity: Unauthorized Access Blocked
    Actor: C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
    Target: C:\ProgramFiles\Norton\…….\NIS_17.5.0.127\Definitions\VirusDefs\umcat_01.db
    Target: PID 0
    Action: OpenFile
    Reaction: Unauthorized Action Blocked
    After getting this message I still assume that my computer is risk free but the thing is I never seen this kind of action before in my computer. What it would be?

Re: Unauthorized access blocked by the Norton Internet Security

This will happen to all internet users ad it is not only about the Norton files. It is just a typical comeback to Internet Explorer or other web browser which is stabbing too much right to use to Norton files. Due to this reason the access was blocked so that it will not do any harm to that particular file though the Norton assumes that it is an important file. This not the big issue even, so you don’t need to worry about it much.

When an application, web browser or any kind of online related file is acquiring too much access to some of Norton Files then the program itself blocks the access of file to each and every request. It assumes that some kind of unwanted application is trying to get control of that particular file. This block can be established by the unique feature of Norton itself. Norton Tamper Protection is a quality that defends your Norton product or its contents from an assault or alteration by indefinite, mistrustful, or wicked applications. This is not an additional application instead it the product that came along with your NIS itself.

In my estimation, if whichever computer by means of Norton Internet Security is cataloging the information that the access is being lock on several progression numerous times a minute may possibly denote that Norton is effectively defending the computer but does not signify there isn't whatever thing to agonize on the subject of. I believe that you might be perplexing tamper protection with interruption avoidance. Whatever thing screening as infertile in intrusion prevention must be gazed at ASAP. Tamper protection, like I declare, simply logs punches at Norton files.

The illegal right of entry chunk is just Norton logging that an additional request accessed Norton files. That admission has been blocked owing to Norton's tamper protection. By means of the quarantined thing, you are able to stare in History>quarantine, and emphasize the access. You might be capable to clack on further information to discover out where it was originated. Frequently it is older emails. Let us make out what you discover.