Thread: Norton Internet Security 18.5.0.125 update failed

Norton Internet Security 18.5.0.125 update failed

I was using MacAfee antivirus software to protect my system from malicious program. After installing some software programs my MacAfee antivirus files got corrupted. Due to files getting corrupted it was not scanning my system and therefore I installed a Norton Internet security antivirus. After the installation I downloaded the latest update to update my virus definition of Norton antivirus. While updating my Norton antivirus with 18.5.0.125 update, the updation was failing and Norton antivirus could not be updated.

Re: Norton Internet Security 18.5.0.125 update failed

If you are trying to update your Norton antivirus with the latest update and the update is failing then there might be a possibility that the update you have downloaded from the internet is a wrong update. Due to the wrong update, the antivirus updation might be failing. You can then go to the official website of Norton antivirus and then download the proper update. After downloading the update you can install it and check if the update failure problem exists.

Updation problem was occurring while updating Norton antivirus. Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have downloaded the latest update for my Norton antivirus and updated it. My Norton antivirus was updated to latest virus definition without any problem. Also I want to know if I can live update my Norton antivirus.

You can live update your Norton antivirus. To do the live update of Norton antivirus you need to follow the steps given below:
    1. You need to start the system and open the internet browser by double clicking on it.
    2. Download the Symantec “AutoFix” tool and you need to follow each and every steps of install it. You need to provide confirmation when Symantec ask.
    3. Click on ok button on the live update dialog box to install live update. You need to click on next button so that the installation of live update of start. When the installation of live update has finished then you need to restart the system.
    4. Double click Norton antivirus program and run the live update.